I'm at my lowest

laura

Laura I'm late reading this, but please know we are here for you every step of the way.

Just keep in mind, all of the uncomfortableness goes away. Else none of us would stay quit.

Maybe not overnight but sooner than you think! I know you can do this, I can tell you are sick of smoking.

Keep on watching, reading, and posting. We cannot do it for you, but knowing you have all of us rooting for you should bring you some comfort. Your health is #1 priority.

• Like 2

Hey Laura - late ... as always !! - so proud of how you have jumped back in to the quit :-)

Stay close sweetie, as you can see there is so much support here !! We all know you can do this ..and I will be checking for daily updates on how you are going :-) xxx

• Like 1

So day 3 and feeling a bit like something is missing u know i had heard or read that people say when u first quit smoking it's a bit like something is missing. I actually went out to my utility room last night out of habit to have a smoke then remembered i didn't smoke it felt very strange. But i guess i will reajust to my smoke free life soon enough. Feeling positive and keeping busy helps :-)

• Like 5

So day 3 and feeling a bit like something is missing u know i had heard or read that people say when u first quit smoking it's a bit like something is missing. I actually went out to my utility room last night out of habit to have a smoke then remembered i didn't smoke it felt very strange. But i guess i will reajust to my smoke free life soon enough. Feeling positive and keeping busy helps :-)

This thread is awesome and talks about your utility room incident. :) We've all been there.

http://www.quittrain.com/topic/805-executive-assistant/?hl=%2Bexecutive+%2Bassistant

• Like 2

That's it in a nutshell Laura... Stay positive and keeping busy.

Day 3 already! Be day 33 before you know it, then day 333.

And if somedays you don't feel positive just offload with us Laura, we have all been there so know what it's like.

A big fat WELL DONE on your current 3 days xx

• Like 1

Hi Laura, I'm on my first couple of days, too. I've had many attempts at quitting over the years, but I've never before used an online support group to quit cigarettes. Right now, I feel as if I'm walking around in a strange, new land, or some kind of altered reality. I try to stay away from where I used to smoke (for me, it was in the kitchen with the window open nomatter how cold it was outside), and when I'm there I try to do something else than I would do before. I now only make healthy foods or clean/do dishes when I'm in the kitchen. I want to break my association with smoking in that room.

Wishing you well on your quit-journey! :)

• Like 6

Laura and Oneistoo, you're both doing so well! Good for you! I love the fact that you are trying to stay busy and distract yourself from thoughts of smoking (that's SO important!) and that you're trying to develop some new habits to break the association between certain places or tasks with "time to smoke now." Brilliant! Stay close to the board, both of you. Make the N.O.P.E. daily pledge every day and read some of the classic posts or watch one of Joel's videos every day-- keep educating yourself about how to break this addiction. I've got a very good feeling that you two are both going to make it!  :)

• Like 3

Hi Laura, I'm on my first couple of days, too. I've had many attempts at quitting over the years, but I've never before used an online support group to quit cigarettes. Right now, I feel as if I'm walking around in a strange, new land, or some kind of altered reality. I try to stay away from where I used to smoke (for me, it was in the kitchen with the window open nomatter how cold it was outside), and when I'm there I try to do something else than I would do before. I now only make healthy foods or clean/do dishes when I'm in the kitchen. I want to break my association with smoking in that room.

Wishing you well on your quit-journey! :)

Hi oneistoo - congrats on quitting first of all, I believe we are just going through the adjustment period, which apparently takes a couple of weeks to adjust. Such as doing things that doesn't involve smoking.

I went shopping today and my husband said does it feel weird walking pass the cigarette kiosk without stopping and I said a bit, he said its weird for me I always found it a inconvenience, I had to laugh.

If you want to be my quit buddy that would be cool :-)

Keep going oneistoo we got this quit.

The best thing u could of done was to join the quittrain the support here is second to none, great people and great advise always.

• Like 1

Laura and Oneistoo, you're both doing so well! Good for you! I love the fact that you are trying to stay busy and distract yourself from thoughts of smoking (that's SO important!) and that you're trying to develop some new habits to break the association between certain places or tasks with "time to smoke now." Brilliant! Stay close to the board, both of you. Make the N.O.P.E. daily pledge every day and read some of the classic posts or watch one of Joel's videos every day-- keep educating yourself about how to break this addiction. I've got a very good feeling that you two are both going to make it! :)

Laura and Oneistoo, you're both doing so well! Good for you! I love the fact that you are trying to stay busy and distract yourself from thoughts of smoking (that's SO important!) and that you're trying to develop some new habits to break the association between certain places or tasks with "time to smoke now." Brilliant! Stay close to the board, both of you. Make the N.O.P.E. daily pledge every day and read some of the classic posts or watch one of Joel's videos every day-- keep educating yourself about how to break this addiction. I've got a very good feeling that you two are both going to make it! :)