Me -v- Stress

JackiMac

Been off the sidelines for a few days, (firstly all your love and prayers were greatly appreciated, my son is on the mend, he had a lung infection and is slowly improving, so good to see him smile, one happy mum) anyhoo, havent been around for a few days, missed you guys  :D but last time stress came aknocking on my door, I caved in and smoked.  This time I am happy and proud to say that even after the S@@T of the last 5 weeks, I didn't give in, Oh god I wanted a cigarette, I seriously thought that lighting up would make my life easier, but I then rationalised my thought process, I remember my last relapse and I remembered the taste of lighting up the cigarette after being quit, and I remember how utterly DISGUSTING it tasted, I remember how disappointed I was with myself and how I wished I could have put the clock back and just uttered one simple word "NO", this time I braved myself against the crave and I did utter that one SIMPLE word "No", thats all it took "NO" how easy was that!!!.  So me -v- Stress HA I won, na nannanana Stress get out of here.  Yes Stress is one major factor in the reason why people do not quit, and why so many of us relapse, but we are only laying the blame at stress's door, we have the ultimate say so on when we can quit and why we do not need to relapse.  The ultimate word is NO.

• Like 13

I was worried Jackie... for your circumstances and hoping for good outcomes... not for your quit. I know that you have your head wrapped around it this time. I am proud of you. 

Also so happy that your boy is feeling better... go kick the asshole that said it was nothing in the balls for me please.

• Like 3