I'm on the 3rd hour ...my journey begins

Welcome aboard @jacobrose, you'll get all the support you need or want here from a great group of members in all phases of their quits. Plus topics galore about our addiction. We also have a video library if thats more your thing. 

• Like 5

Quitting is certainly not easy but it certainly IS possible. Stick around here and post, post, post about what you're experiencing and for information about any issue troubling you.

Read all the pinned posts at the top of some of the pages shown on the main page here and watch the videos as well. Lots of info. here to help you along the way but ... make no mistake; successfully quitting is soley up to you and your commitment to quit & stay quit. There's no short cuts. Just do it one day at a time and you'll be fine. Fight each battle one at a time. Don't look too far ahead. It will happen if you just remain committed to NOPE! (Not One Puff Ever)!

• Like 5

Hi Jacob welcome aboard the quit train.

There's loads of experience in quitting at your fingertips look around the site and read as much as I can for ideas and inspiration.

The weekend is soon to be with us that's a great time to start a quit try to chill out and not get stressed over your first few days. If you can get to Day 3 by Monday you will have made a great start to your quit.

Good luck keep us updated with your progress.

• Like 6

Welcome aboard @jacobrose! It’s great that you’re reaching out for support. Addictions thrive in isolation, so staying connected makes all the difference in a successful quit. Stay close to the board and keep us posted in how things are going. You CAN do this!!

• Like 6

Hello and Welcome ..

This Train goes all the way to Freedom .

Aa you need is the desire to get there ,and want it bad enough ..

It is  doable …

my advice .read all you can here ..outsmart the Nico Monster…

Stay close ..the more you come here ,even to support others ,the stronger you get ..

Looking forward  to travelling with you 

• Like 4

Welcome @jacobrose We are very happy that you found the train! Quitting smoking is definitely achievable as everyone on this forum can attest to that.  It is definitely not easy but so worth it when you do quit.  The people on this forum will help you and give you ways to help you through the withdrawal symptoms.  What helped me in the beginning is I would take cinnamon sticks and use them as a pretend cigarette sucking in the air through the hole, and it also tasted very nice.  If you don't like cinnamon, you can use cut up straws.  Try and do anything to take your mind of smoking.  Also, drinking lots of water will help you too.  Keep coming back here, vent to us whenever you need to, read all the info and watch the videos. There is also a Games section to help take your mind off of smoking.  Check it out as I think you will like it.   This is a great place and I have made lots of friends in the 10 months that I have been a member.  Good luck to you and have a great day!!:)

• Like 5

Hey @jacobrose, welcome!  This is literally the best group of people, so supportive and so kind. How r u doing? If u smoked you can still come back and tell us, we’ll support u for ur next attempt pal if that’s the case. I definitely raged through my first 3 months it was hard. Everybody here has done it and all have gone through it.  I’ve been checking this site less and less (not on purpose lol) but just bc that’s how little I think abt smoking anymore (and brother I NEVER thought I’d get here or to that point ya know). You can do it friend!

• Like 2

Glad to see you back @jacobrose!

Read as much as you can here and watch the videos which are available. 

There's a series of YouTube videos called Tobacco Wars that I thought were pretty revealing about how the tobacco industry works against us to keep us addicted and buying more of there products. It opened my eyes as to what really goes on behind the scenes in the Tobacco Industry. There's 3 episodes each about an hour long - good time waster and informative. They might just help to support your commitment to quit.

Here's a link to the first episode in case you're interested:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad you came back @jacobrose  Stay strong, you can do this!!!  Some of us do have setbacks.  I had one myself.  After a 6 year quit I went back to smoking unfortunately, but this time I am determined to keep my quit.  Keep coming back here, that is what has helped so many of us.  Play the games in the Games section, they are lots of fun and we have a lot of laughs, especially with the Sticks and Chicks game!! 🙂

• Like 2