I went to the pub this afternoon

Soozie

My daughters invited me to join them at the pub this afternoon ... there aren't many pubs around where you can still smoke, so the one's that do allow smoking get packed, and today was no exception ... a lovely sunny afternoon so everyone wanted to sit in the sun and drink and smoke. I can honestly say with my hand on heart that I wasn't tempted not once ... on a few occasions smoke was being blown my way and I found myself leaning away from it ... feeling dead chuffed with myself I am  :)

• Like 14

When I was smoking I had an awful habit of taking peoples lighters, well at one point we moved to a bigger table, and yes I did ... I nicked a lighter, when I got home I found it in my handbag .... I didn't even know I'd done it ... how weird is that ?

Wow soozie thats fantastic especially this early on in your quit I tried to avoid them places at first I put myself in self exile for quite a few weeks 

but I wished now I did what you did and jumped right in

proud of you Soozie - thats the way to do it girl xxx

Wow soozie thats fantastic especially this early on in your quit I tried to avoid them places at first I put myself in self exile for quite a few weeks 

but I wished now I did what you did and jumped right in

proud of you Soozie - thats the way to do it girl xxx

thanks Tracey, what about the lighter theft ... is that acceptable behaviour ???  

Well Soozie, I guess it's easier to quit being a smoker than it is to quit being a klepto (lighter thief). hahahahaha :)

That's awesome news because since you can be in a pub around smokers and not light up, there's no reason to ever smoke again.  Job well done!!

PS, you're now the official non-smoking lighter thief.  If anybody board this train with a lighter, steal it! :) hehe

• Like 1

thanks Tracey, what about the lighter theft ... is that acceptable behaviour ???  

Its perfectly acceptable :) I used to do it all the time my family used to scurry around and hide theirs if I came round LOL 

Well Soozie, I guess it's easier to quit being a smoker than it is to quit being a klepto (lighter thief). hahahahaha :)

That's awesome news because since you can be in a pub around smokers and not light up, there's no reason to ever smoke again.  Job well done!!

PS, you're now the official non-smoking lighter thief.  If anybody board this train with a lighter, steal it! :) hehe

I'm liking your way of thinkiing MQ ... how about I move onto ashtrays ??? I love a challenge lol 

Its perfectly acceptable :) I used to do it all the time my family used to scurry around and hide theirs if I came round LOL 

well in that case I'll carry on then hahaha ... I could turn it into a hobby lol

• Like 1

When I was smoking I had an awful habit of taking peoples lighters, well at one point we moved to a bigger table, and yes I did ... I nicked a lighter, when I got home I found it in my handbag .... I didn't even know I'd done it ... how weird is that ?

LOL - there is always a lighter thief!

Good for you for not wanting to smoke ;)

LOL - there is always a lighter thief!

Good for you for not wanting to smoke ;)

Hi Action, yep it felt really good, enjoying the afternoon with my daughters and their friends, and NOT smoking ... I remember when you had a stag party to go to and were worried about smoking, but you managed it really well ! (think it was a stag party ?)

Great job Soozie!  

I love going out and not having to light up and get that icky smoker's breath and smelly hair.  

HI Petra, I know what you mean ... it's lovely to be able to have a meal and not get that itch afterwards, waiting for the right time to excuse yourself and then have to stand out the front of the restaurant to have a smoke ... I used to feel so ashamed because I knew everyone could see me !

• Like 1

Good for you, Soozie!  (for not being tempted) And now you don't need lighters!

Hi Nancy, maybe giving up the smokes was the easy part ... how do I stop nicking the lighters ... do I want to ??? not sure I do want to ... lol hahahahaha .... 

That's great soozie, your doing awesome in your quit!! I too was a lighter thief, lol! I still have lighters stashed all over the house that I'm finding.

Hey Melody, but do you still get the urge to take one ? or have you got that under control ? lol

That's brilliant news Soozie.

I tended to find once you get past the occasions, like that, were it genuinely feels fine and that your not fighting anything, or sulking but not smoking even though you want to, you fill up your ammunition piggy bank. So say another time you do something else but maybe did get a twinge, then you can at least check the piggy bank in your mind for coins of the occasions were you didn't smoke and it didn't kill you not to.

Great news....pop a coin in the piggy bank of the mind.

• Like 1