I can"t think of a title.

Everything I have learned/ heard in the past year from here and other places has really set in this time. It's almost like I have 2 different brains. And one of them is on autopilot.

A couple of days ago, I was sitting at my desk and i got up and was heading somewhere. Where am I going ? Wait a minute. I'm going out to smoke. But I don't smoke anymore. Little thoughts would pop in my head and I would counteract them.

Yesterday was good.

Today, I am feeling it quite a bit stronger. It's like I want to smoke, but I know that I don't. The thought goes into my head of the just one.....and then immediately I think "a puff away from a pack a day" I think.....you did 6 weeks already, you still have 4and a half months till you start to feel better. And I question if I can do another 4 and a months. Then almost immediately I think.....all I have to do is today.

I wonder how y'all did this..... and then I think "y'all did it the same way I'm doing it, one day at a time."

I could go on and on...... Smoking is Not an Option Today. Your nervous because your NOT smoking.

I don't really know what my point to all this is. Except maybe to say I'm so glad that no one gave up on me. I know it may have taken some time and you possibly even felt like you were banging your head on a wall but what you did say has finally sunk in. Even the little things. Julie popping in yesterday and saying she's enjoying her smoke free life has helped. I know that I will get there too. Amy popping in and saying she doesn't feel ready. I remember those days. And I never want to go back to them. I never want to feel that emotional tie to a cigarette ever again.

I wondered earlier today if I was cut out for this. Of course, I am cut out for it. This is the way life is supposed to be. Smoke free. No matter how many times you tell yourself a lie, it will still never be the truth.

Marcus, I hope you have a urinal. There will be no intermission with this quit.

• Like 11

I enjoy reading what you write tiff. Somehow your words always strike a chord.

You are just getting there and things are dropping into place in a way they didn't before. I am happy for you but equally I feel for you too. These are tough adjustments to mindset and personality times, literally do it one day at a time chick - like you said. 

This feels like a massive leap forward for you. x

• Like 1

Tiffany, I think that you have crossed the line. You are more open about your issues, you are more open to us, you seem to have changed your frame of mind... or you are changing it. You are in a better place now than you have been before.

I can only congratulate you for finding your way.

Hopefully I have found mine too... we have been a mess in the past. You and me and a few more guys... the chronic relapsers, the on-and-offers... I honestly believe that we can do it as well as the next guy. 

Let´s prove it to ourselves. We owe it to ourselves. Let´s prove it to them so that they find some encouragement to do it too...

And you have already passed your quarantine!!!! :P :bb:

• Like 2

There is a huge difference this time for you.  It's in your words and the way you're processing this quit.  You're identifying the junkie thinking and then instantly debunking the lie with truth.  You're going to make it and you're going to be comfortable being a non-smoker.  :)

You've never given up on any of us, and we won't give up on you, either. And you can take that to the bank :)

You have been an inspiration to me, and you probably don't even know it. You never gave up, and I admire you so much for that :)

Burritos title is queen o Scotland

Action. Pimp

Tracey. Lost her title as egg

Ginger. Hides her title

Batboy. Is easy

Me village idiot

You. Learning.

• Like 2