Coffee break

babs609

Ok so.....it was brought to my attention that maxwell house and folgers are a close second next to instant coffee in the "yuk" department.

I have to be honest....now that I no longer smoke and also stopped putting sugar in my coffee...I suddenly can notice the difference in coffee taste.

I buy dunkin donuts medium roast which I love.

Recently I bought the "life is good" coffee and I really liked it.

What kind of coffee do you drink and what do you put in it?

Do you buy the beans and grind yourself? I have a small coffee grinder but it doesn't hold much and makes a mess. It was given to me.

i gave up the sugar but can't get away from the half and half. I am still working on that.

• Like 3

Babs, that is strange that you say about not taking sugar since you quit!! I also reduced my sugar in coffee, but hadn't linked it with quitting! I used to have like 2 and a half sugars... Now I just have half a brown sugar ;)

I have also changed which coffee's I like since the quit, my favourite being a bean that comes from Ethiopia - don't know what it's called, because I get it from a coffee shop, lol

• Like 3

Espresso is coffee.

Latte is milk with espresso in it

Cappuccino is milk with espresso in it

Life is too short for instant coffee! (or that nonsense in Cafetiere and the like)

The Nespresso capsule stuff is OK - it actually makes a pretty decent coffee (to my great surprise)

Hello. I am the Bandit. I am a coffee snob.

Colleen!

You bring the cheese.

I'll bring the coffee.

We can both bring the wine.....

• Like 2

8 O'clock Columbian at work no milk or sugar. I plead the fifth as to what I drink at home to avoid being banned.

Lol. I know, right? Yes, be careful Paul. MQ gave me a warning point for saying I drank maxwell house (just kidding)

• Like 1

and another thing... how come they can sell Starbucks grounds in the grocery store...but when you make it... it tastes absolutely nothing like when you buy it at the Starbucks.  False advertising I say... bastards.  Mess with my mom...ok.  Mess with my kids... ok.  Mess with my coffee... you better run.

Keep on now.

• Like 7

I quit smoking and started drinking coffee about a month and a half ago. Just bought my first coffee pot and grinder and I'm kinda digging this new coffee scene. I may even give up my toothbrush addiction for this.  :P

The adventure begins.  :)

• Like 4

Everybody knows how I drink my coffee, how I brew it and how it's perfection in a cup.  Neighbors bring people I don't even know over to my home to watch me brew.  It's an art.  It's a craft.  It's my craft and I've mastered it.  You're lucky I wanted to slum it a bit and stop by this thread.  :read:

• Like 5

folgers is in my cup or maxwell house whichevr is on sale.....I use sugar free powder french vanilla creamer in my coffee sooooo I just drink it for the caffiene really

No Lisa!  Please, don't drink that swill!   I've heard it can take years off a persons life!

Everybody knows how I drink my coffee, how I brew it and how it's perfection in a cup.  Neighbors bring people I don't even know over to my home to watch me brew.  It's an art.  It's a craft.  It's my craft and I've mastered it.  You're lucky I wanted to slum it a bit and stop by this thread.  :read:

Lol there must be a support forum for you to help with your mmmmm craft ;)

• Like 1

I quit smoking and started drinking coffee about a month and a half ago. Just bought my first coffee pot and grinder and I'm kinda digging this new coffee scene. I may even give up my toothbrush addiction for this.  :P

The adventure begins.  :)

Did I just see that  :o

• Like 1

I love the coffee scene, nothing better than good coffee and people watching, I love Italian coffee but nice and sweet

I love the smell of coffee in the mornings, it's like a comfort blanket and all warm and cosy match that with the smell of bread rolls or croissants warming mmmmm heaven right there :)

• Like 1

I'm a mard arse instant coffee drinker, I know....the shame.

I find fancy Dan coffee too bitter for my taste. Nescafe Gold in our house, although, I do enjoy coffee house specials with a hint of hazelnut, or cinnamon and flavours like that. One of my Italian friends once made me an expresso....not keen, felt like I was drinking treacle.

So there you have it, mard arse coffee drinker Siff.

No Lisa!  Please, don't drink that swill!   I've heard it can take years off a persons life!

eh since I put flavored creamer in it it doesnt matter the coffee really besides I am too cheap to buy expensive stuff anyway like I said I do it for the caffiene lol :P it doesnt taste that bad  :P

• Like 1