Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Finally, I'm living up to my username.

Featured Replies

Day 13 here, day 2 with no nicotine gum. It took me a while, but I finally made it. There's really no withdrawl to speak of, just substituting regular gum and it works just fine. I'm really glad I quit this way, it worked well for me now the rest without nicotine at all is up to me. Luckily, I forgot to bring the nicotine gum to work with me a couple of times and I didn't smoke so I have no fear of relapsing at work anymore. This quit will be as long or short as I make it, glad to be back in the drivers seat. Thank you all for your support.

5 minutes ago, nicotine_free said:

Day 13 here, day 2 with no nicotine gum. 

That is great news.  Stay ever vigilant though. 

 

  • Author

I had my blood test and it came back normal. It's great news and really nails home the quitting smoking theme. For those just tuning in, I had a high white cell count and the doctor said to cut down on smoking and take another blood test in three months. So now I have proof that smoking was to blame for my abnormal blood test and as long as I don't smoke anymore I will probably not have to get a bone marrow biopsy. I am so fortunate that this was found in it's infancy stage when quitting smoking now can make all the difference.

So great to hear this, I’m glad all is going well for you. Stay determined and you will win through.

Such great news, nic free!!!!!  Positive reinforcement (particularly regarding your health) makes it sooo much easier to keep going and watch the improvements add up.

This is great news ....are bodies are Amazing .....the damage through smoking starts the minute you put that last cig out ...it just keeps getting better and better ....upwards and onwards ...Nic Free 🐸

Such good news on all counts!! You are doing so well 👏 

 

You Got This GIF by Jump Consulting

  • Author

Howdy, yes I am doing fine. I don't think I'm having too many physical cravings just mental ones. So far so good.

  • 5 weeks later...
  • Author

Update, slipped around smoking 1 or 2 cigarettes until I finally broke down and bought a pack. Smoking was hard to do breathing-wise. I felt like someone was squeezing my lungs. So I read and reread Alan Carr's The Easy Way to Stop Smoking until it finally soaked into my brain. Today I am on day 2, I have no withdrawal symptoms and a very positive attitude. Thanks to everyone here who hung in there with me when I was floundering.

Sorry to hear you relapsed again @nicotine_free but good for you for getting back to it. You're not the first chronic relapser to ride the train so I'm going to have faith in that you'll find your forever quit. Maybe next time try an SOS?🤔

 

Edited by jillar

  • Author

Hopefully there won't be a next time since I firmly believe my last cigarette is behind me now. I do pledge to use the SOS feature here if I ever get a bad craving.

@nicotine_free  I know I failed a bunch of times for 8 or 9 months before I actually quit.  sometimes the relapsing is just a part of the process i think.   glad you are back on the train.  before you know it we'll be welcoming you to the lido deck.  

You sound like you truly are just done with it this time @nicotine_free! If you start even thinking that you’re gonna start thinking about smoking again, please remember that feeling: “I felt like someone was squeezing my lungs.”  Because that’s what smoking does. Constricts and squeezes until you can’t draw a breath on your own anymore. I do hope you stay close. We ARE here for you! 

Edited by Gus
Grammar

  • Author

Thanks @intoxicated yoda and @Gus! I believe I truly am done with it this time. And I can remember vividly what it felt like to not be able to take a full breath. Quitting is so much easier when I want to and need to. Glad to be back on the train, on any deck. :)

I agree ..it's good you have jumped back on the Train ....sometimes you just need that last reminder 

Of how stinky and crap smoking really is ...

You are ready to have your forever quit now ...so let's get you to the Lido Deck 😁...

I glad you got right back on the train after your relapse. That just shows that you really want to be smoke free. So, keep fighting those cravings because you deserve to be nicotine free. Just have faith in yourself.

Nice to see you back on the train @nicotine_free now there is no romancing the thought, you know smoking isn't all rosey, like our addiction would want us to remember it as. This is our one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.