Everything posted by nicotine_free
-
Advice
I'd say try thinking of it this way: The time is going to pass either way so in a year you could be one year free from smoking or not.
-
Finally, I'm living up to my username.
Thanks @AceWhite and @Doreensfree ! It's good to be back in good company.
-
Finally, I'm living up to my username.
Thanks @intoxicated yoda and @Gus! I believe I truly am done with it this time. And I can remember vividly what it felt like to not be able to take a full breath. Quitting is so much easier when I want to and need to. Glad to be back on the train, on any deck.
-
Newbie
Cutting down didn't work for me below 10 cigarettes a day. That's not to say that it won't work for you. There's no harm in trying to cut down further. The only disadvantage I see is the prolonging of the nicotine addiction. Cutting down takes time and there is withdrawal associated, so all that time you spend cutting down you will be in withdrawal. But like I said, you do you.
-
Finally, I'm living up to my username.
Hopefully there won't be a next time since I firmly believe my last cigarette is behind me now. I do pledge to use the SOS feature here if I ever get a bad craving.
-
Day 41. Sorry if I worried anyone.
Glad to see you're still on the train!
-
Finally, I'm living up to my username.
Update, slipped around smoking 1 or 2 cigarettes until I finally broke down and bought a pack. Smoking was hard to do breathing-wise. I felt like someone was squeezing my lungs. So I read and reread Alan Carr's The Easy Way to Stop Smoking until it finally soaked into my brain. Today I am on day 2, I have no withdrawal symptoms and a very positive attitude. Thanks to everyone here who hung in there with me when I was floundering.
-
Friday 18th march 2022
Nope!
-
Thursday 17th march 2022
Nope!
-
Wednesday 16th march 2022
NOPE!
-
Tuesday 15th March 2022
Nope, not today!
-
Sunshine is One Month Smoke Free Today!!!
Way to go Sunshine! I hope to be where you are in a couple of weeks.
-
Sunday 13th march 2022
NOPE not today!
-
Saturday 12th march 2022
Nope, not today!
-
Finally, I'm living up to my username.
Howdy, yes I am doing fine. I don't think I'm having too many physical cravings just mental ones. So far so good.
-
Finally, I'm living up to my username.
I had my blood test and it came back normal. It's great news and really nails home the quitting smoking theme. For those just tuning in, I had a high white cell count and the doctor said to cut down on smoking and take another blood test in three months. So now I have proof that smoking was to blame for my abnormal blood test and as long as I don't smoke anymore I will probably not have to get a bone marrow biopsy. I am so fortunate that this was found in it's infancy stage when quitting smoking now can make all the difference.
-
Finally, I'm living up to my username.
Day 13 here, day 2 with no nicotine gum. It took me a while, but I finally made it. There's really no withdrawl to speak of, just substituting regular gum and it works just fine. I'm really glad I quit this way, it worked well for me now the rest without nicotine at all is up to me. Luckily, I forgot to bring the nicotine gum to work with me a couple of times and I didn't smoke so I have no fear of relapsing at work anymore. This quit will be as long or short as I make it, glad to be back in the drivers seat. Thank you all for your support.
-
Friday 11th march 2022
Nope!
-
Thursday 10th march 2022
Nope, not today!
-
Boo Is 6 Years Smoke Free Today !!!!
Best wished on your SIX YEARS! I'm on day 11 and six years seems like an eternity today. Thanks for proving it can be done!
-
Quitting
Glad to see you back here! Good luck in your quit, you know it's for the best.
-
Wednesday 9th march 2022
nope, Nope, NOPE!
-
Steven Drojensky is Nine Months Smoke Free Today!!!
Good for you, Steven! Way to go!
-
Tuesday 8th march 2022
NOPE
-
Week 2 without a car
Great job on your first week! It sounds like your quit is going strong, keep up the good work.