Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

nicotine_free

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nicotine_free

  1. my copy and paste didn't work, 4492 (lame, I know)
  2. not today, nope
  3. nope, not today!
  4. Today I made my first purchase as an ex-smoker, I got a new purse. It is special to me because I could choose the purse that is too small to fit in a pack of cigarettes.
  5. You can have all of mine, past, present and future! Thankfully I want none of them.
  6. nicotine_free replied to jimmy's topic in Celebrations!
    That is really something! A true lifestyle change. You can be proud of yourself!
  7. Present and accounted for...
  8. Another great post! One moment at a time indeed, at least for me that rings very true.
  9. nicotine_free commented on jillar's blog entry in Pick of the Week
    This is a great post. It was so real I could feel it!
  10. Wow, 2 months! You can be proud of your effort! Thanks for letting us know it will get better.
  11. Great job, @KEL and thanks for your support!
  12. One thing that seems to be helping me is replacing my thoughts of smoking. So when I think "I want to smoke" I immediately replace it with "I want to breathe fresh air" and when I think "I need to smoke" I replace it with "I need to breathe fresh air" It allows me to be proactive instead of debating the issue.
  13. Nope, I need to breathe fresh air!
  14. I currently have 1 day smoke free, you are already an inspiration. That is something to be proud of, welcome.
  15. Thank you to all who responded. I am committed to quit and will not stop my efforts for any reason. Many of you offered suggestions which I intend to use. Also I am replacing some thoughts with better alternatives: "I want to smoke." now becomes "I want to breathe fresh air." "I need to smoke." now becomes "I need to breathe fresh air." I am certain if I replace these thoughts diligently I will have a successful quit.
  16. Thanks @Doreensfree. I have read the easy way, but it was a long time ago. I book marked an illustrated version of the book that's free, I will read it again. I feel like I'm making progress despite my recent set back, like I said I'm in this for the duration. I keep on learning and sooner or later it will stick.
  17. Thanks, @jillar. I realize the danger of chewing nicotine gum and smoking at the same time. If I were pressed for a reason why I smoked I must say I don't know. The urge came out of the blue and I didn't try very hard to fight it. I will take your suggestion to use a straw, I've had good results with that in the past. My boss knows I quit, she's just a good enabler.
  18. I got to work very early last night and bummed a cigarette from my boss. While I was outside smoking it I saw half a cigarette on the ground, I smoked them both. Today I am back on the train, I will not let this addiction win. I am here for the long haul. Thanks for your support. I am also watching and reading about the CBQ method of quitting smoking, makes sense but it's expensive.
  19. no no no no I don't smoke it no more NOPE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.