Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

nicotine_free

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nicotine_free

  1. One thing that has helped me is singing the No No song by ringo starr. Maybe you remember it, it goes: No no no no, I don't smoke it no more I'm tired of waking up on the floor No thank you please it only makes me sneeze And then it makes it hard to find the door. Now I've added a little fun into my quit. Try it you might like it!
  2. nope, Nope, NOPE!
  3. Welcome back on the train, Kdad! I'm glad to see you back so soon.
  4. Good for you, @Sunshine! Glad to hear you a feeling a bit better. Now stick with it and continue reaping the rewards.
  5. Congrats @Kris! Eight months is quite an effort, may your quit extend indefinitely! Thank you for being here for us newbies.
  6. Thanks, John. I realize that the gum is not magic. I still had strong urges at work last night and dealt with them by just saying to myself, "Nope!". I am determined to stick with it for the long haul, one day at a time.
  7. Thank you @Christian99I did elect to go back on the gum and am still using it. I will cease using the gum when I run out, much like I quit smoking.
  8. Thanks @SunshineI appreciate your encouragement. I'm not having the best day today but I am committed to not smoking one day at a time. I've been reading quit smoking stories from people on reddit and that has helped my resolve. I figure if I can make it through the bad days then I will be rewarded with good days eventually.
  9. Nope, NOPE, NOPE!
  10. @SunshineGlad you are feeling better! I am told there are even better days ahead.:)
  11. Eleven months, that is something! Congrats Gus, good job and way to go!
  12. nicotine_free replied to Kdad's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    @KdadThank you for being honest. Smoking is cunning, baffling, and powerful. We are here for you when you are ready to stop.
  13. Thanks @Kris. I did have regular gum in my mouth when I smoked at work, it wasn't a normal craving it was like being possessed!
  14. I had the strangest dream last night that I was doing heroine (never have), and pot (not since 1987). I have no desire for these substances when I'm awake, thank god!
  15. @jillarThank you, I felt better about my choice right when I posted. I am confident that I will be able to reduce my gum use when the time comes. I chose the lower dose 2mg gum on purpose so it wouldn't be as difficult to stop using it.
  16. I haven't been posting lately because I am ashamed that I smoked a couple of cigarettes and then decided to go back on the nicotine gum. My biggest problem was at work where I seemed to have no defense whatsoever against bumming a cigarette from my boss. When I have the gum at work I am able to resist the urge to smoke. I am quitting smoking to see if my elevated white cell count returns to normal. The test is in about a month and if my white cell count is still high I will have to get a bone marrow biopsy which is very painful. So I rationalized getting back on the gum rather than stay in turmoil of smoking or not smoking. So far I have not needed to smoke while on the gum, and that is encouraging. I do fear life without nicotine because the urge to smoke seems overwhelming at times. I have been here on the QT board reading but not participating because I am not nicotine free as my name would suggest and I feel like a fraud. I have smoked a total of 5 cigarettes since January 6, 2022. And I must tell you that I smoked them like a fiend, with a vengence inhaling often and deelply and down to the filter. I was shocked by this because I used to barely inhale, but now I am a true addict. I have updated my quit date on my profile and signature, but I couldn't tell you what day I am on, I don't have the same enthusiasm that I did before. This addiction has really kicked my butt. Without the gum I made it a total of 6 days without smoking, but with the gum I had made it 30 days.
  17. You can quit it's just not easy. I am still getting thoughts of smoking and cravings after a few days. I need to stop for my health and it sounds like you do too. You came to the right place for support, use it. I hope you stick around and give quitting a real effort.
  18. nicotine_free replied to Kdad's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    I am still having urges too, but they are already less intense and less often after only 3 days. I am trying to just wait them out without smoking. So far, so good. If I can do this so can you!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.