Post a Song you Like

babs609

A few decades late, but the Grand Ole Opry finally invited Ray Wylie Hubbard to perform.  Not many folks make their debut at age 72, but RWH doesn't do things like everybody else.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

^ glad I installed the required upgrade to view that, worth it.

Here's another song from the same set.  It's called "Mother Blues."  Features two of my favorite lines ever penned by a songwriter.  "We hit it off like a metaphor" always makes me laugh and "the days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...I have really good days" is just good advice on living.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

^ how the hell did it take so long for this guy to make it...totally crackin....an I kinda like how he looks like an old Derro john Lennon.

The last one is not available in my country...stupid people who think Aus doesn't really exist. Spotify has a nice collection though.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

^ how the hell did it take so long for this guy to make it...totally crackin....an I kinda like how he looks like an old Derro john Lennon.

The last one is not available in my country...stupid people who think Aus doesn't really exist. Spotify has a nice collection though.

Ray Wylie Hubbard is a legend in one respect.  His songs have been covered by many and a diverse group of artists have praised his work: Willie Nelson, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Ringo Starr, etc., etc..  None of that ever amounted to Hubbard enjoying commercial success.  In part because the dolts who run the music business (the "syphilitic parasitics" as John Prine calls them) just don't get him and his work.  And also in part because Ray Wylie Hubbard is not going to be told how to make music by a bunch of number crunchers.

Here's one you should be able to watch: "Down Home Country Blues" with Ray's son Lucas on guitar.

• Thanks 1