Post a Song you Like

babs609

Second last NAIDOC day and so much I haven't shared...today it's Band Day.

these fellas deserve way more recognition than they have... The Pigram Brothers..

The Black Arm Band..

Coloured Stone...poor bloody Brendan, forever getting in trouble with his mum

Saltwater Band

Warumpi Band

The Medics...about to blow up the world..

Lonely Boys..creating their own genre

• Like 1

Here is the last of my NAIDOC week offerings (I don't know why it goes for 8 days and not 7... It just does).....I was going to Post two songs about the Stollen Generation one about the kids being taken away and a response decades later about Aboriginal success but I know I have posted them before...so then I'd thought I'd post Elijah's song..but it's so heartbreakingly sad....so, for my American friends who like this sort of thing...let's have some country, Aussie style...

• Like 3

S !! 
      Old School is the best school !
              My ipod is filled with old school funk , jazz and R&B !!   For good reason....it's real and it's raw !  My genres of choice ! I can tell by some of your songs you lean this way too!   Stanley Jordan is one of the best !! Tappin' and smilin' !  So much talent ! 

• Like 5

RIP  Art Neville

This is a grim year for New Orleans Music,

Dr. John, Dave Bartholomew and now Art (founder and keyboardist for Neville Brothers and The Meters)

https://youtu.be/JuyhC5JaAv8 (a short interview that cannot be inbedded)

some funky Meters with Papa Funk (Art Neville) on keys

Edited by Sazerac
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2