Day 11 Smokefree

Anita

As stresses build up I want to reach for a cigarette.  This is such a hard addiction to quit! I did everything with a darn cigarette for 26 years. A crave will come out of nowhere..and I live with a person who isnt ready to quit. I took a puff..but I don't want to smoke arrrgh..

Hello! I’m glad that you joined us here! It is a trial @Anita! I will say it’s hell! Just don’t quit your quit! 11 days is a long time! You’ve come so far! It gets better, I promise it does. And the way you feel will be so good. Being nicotine free is so worth the anguish. I hope that you will stay close to us and you can post as much as you need to. Good luck on sticking your quit! 🤗

• Like 3

@Anita The first couple weeks are hard, but you are 11 days smoke free and you don't want to throw that away. I have been there and done that and trust me you will feel worse if you do. So hang in there,it does get easier!!! Play some games, read other peoples post, do what it takes just don't smoke

• Like 4

You are no different than any of us Anita! We are all addicts but we have learned that we can bury that addiction and all those long held habits of smoking to hide from life. Now is the time to make a change. Take back YOUR life! We can help. This site can help you with all the information we have here. Stick around and heal yourself. It IS possible!

There's only one rule ..... NOPE (Not One Puff Ever). Once you stop smoking, never take another puff. It's simple but not easy; if that makes sense?

• Like 3

Hi Anita, welcome and Congratulations for the decision to be free and not be a slave to nicotine the master.

I apologize but if you took a puff, it resets the clock to day 1.  Unless you can be brutally honest about this, there will always be the odd puff that allows you to 'retain' the quit .... except it won't.  The only place it will lead to is a 2nd puff then a 3rd etc.

I truly want you to succeed and feel it's important to keep the line straight and simple ... there's no in-between.

Edited by d2e8b8
  • Like 4

Hi Anita ....

Glad you found us ....if your serious about quitting ,this is the place to be ...

We have tons of great information to get you started in the Main Smoking Discussion Board ..

They are pinned with green ..

Start afresh ...

Never Take Another Puff.....this is the one important rule in quitting ....you can do it ..

• Like 3

Welcome Anita, and congratulations on quitting smoking and taking your life back. You have come to the best place for knowledge and support to kick the habit. So, grab a seat and enjoy your ride to a happier and healthier life.

• Like 4

The once in awhile puff won`t work Anita. I did that myself years ago and eventually I caved in. It`s only a matter of time and stress before you are back to square one. Eleven days is a great start. Myself, it took a 8 day hospital stay to even get close to that. You have the right stuff if you`ve made 11 days. Amp up your determination and get aboard. Stay close to the site. Lots of help here. Good people and we have all been through this. Best wishes and hope to see you around.

• Like 4

HI Anita :) Read read read and watch the videos here. They are invaluable to quits. There also ways to relax and let loose a bit with games and what not here. 11 Days you got this. It is very empowering to take our freedom back from this addiction and to set off on a new journey for ourselves. A better journey. Welcome to the quit train. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...