Not exactly an SOS

Hello friends

I'm not in danger of smoking but having some strong cravings today which is weird cuz the last few days have been a breeze. 

I'm firmly dedicated to NOPE but I guess I thought if I "said" (typed) this out loud it would take the power out of it. How are all of you? Anyone have anything exciting going on today? Big bunch o nothing here so let me live vicariously through you!

• Like 5

Watering my lawn at the moment cuz it's hot and dry here so I hope that gives you as much excitement as it did for me 😂

You're still pretty early in your quit so it's to be expected that you will still have some very difficult days. It's your junkie brain trying a different way to overpower your logical brain.

In the very early days (first couple of weeks or so) your junkie brain tries to get you to smoke again by keeping constant pressure of withdralaw on us, hoping we'll just say screw it, I'm gonna smoke again. Later on (about where you would be now) the tactic changes to, we'll I'm gonna back off for a bit then hit that junkie with a gig shot of crazy withdrawal because they figure they have me beat by now. 

Both tactics are tough to deal with but at least now you have honed some pretty significant quit tools and know how and when to use them so take these tough cravings in stride and just keep noping! Those challenges will eventually wither and die.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, idontsmoke said:

... Big bunch o nothing here ...

I find keeping busy is a great way to keep your mind off it. 

It's fortunate that I've been really busy lately I don't even think about it. 

I've been re-landscaping my front yard for the last 4 weeks, 90% done now so I'm looking for another major project around the house to do after work.

Hope you're recovering well Michelle.

• Like 2

I just got done working 10 hours in a hot kitchen but all is well now. I hope you got through those cravings unscathed. You are stronger than any craving or trigger. I firmly believe that you are on the path to a lifelong quit. So, anything you might need to help you stay on that path just let me know.

• Like 2

I've been fast asleep ....it's been my night time ....so not alot has been happening here ...not even a dream .

Awww....that old Nico Monster 👹.....he trying his best ,he's getting worried now ..your getting stronger than him .He's shrinking all the time ....

• Like 1

Good for you for posting about your struggles.  Some days are easier than others early on but you are doing great fighting through this.

What am I up to?  Working from home and following weather reports of Hurricane Isaias as it appears to be heading in my direction. 

Like everything else, a cigarette will not change that.  Keep the quit - you are doing great Michelle.

• Like 2