Astronomy pics

mightyboosh

I've always loved astronomy so I got a couple of telescopes and camera and managed to snap these. I only did it for a couple of years because it was such a faff to set up etc. I still like the subject but 

I lost my mojo for actually taking part in it. I was quite pleased with the results though. The one of the Sun was done with a dedicated scope. If I ever started again I think I'd just image the Sun, it was a lot easier to set up.

214339-6881d0b66f99f81cbc81f495f8057486.jpg

214343-525f98af20eb2fdde933eaeb4558e59b.jpg

214350-37507c5c045838200b1038f0da3bd730.jpg

conv_jup0002 21-43-24_pipp_g5_b3_ap11_edited.jpgzz.jpg

moon0009 19-28-33.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Great Pics mighty! You're right - astronomy is an interesting subject. I think for me it's because we know so little about outer space in general. 

Your telescope must be pretty powerful. There's some excellent detail in your pics.

Did you get any photos of our @Martian5 flying around out there while you were shooting your telescope camera?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Great pics.  Good detail. Now that you have quit maybe you can take some of that extra time and energy and revisit these skills, would love to see some new work from you (photography is my hobby).

Also if you try and get pics of me -- it can be hard!!!

image.png.369129dfec85a83a70215552990f1058.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, reciprocity said:

Did you get any photos of our @Martian5 flying around out there while you were shooting your telescope camera?

Yes, but to avoid panic amongst the populace, a la Orson Wells, I will officially deny it and have a cover up!  Then folks can start conspiracy theories.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, reciprocity said:

Your telescope must be pretty powerful.

It was an 8 inch reflector and cost about £1000. The camera, which didn't look at all like a SLR, cost about £500 and that's the only place you can use it, on a telescope.

Those examples were  my first half dozen attempts after buying the set up. I have an astronomy book from the 50's and my photos are actually better than those in the book. That is not a testament to me by any means, it's a testament to the advancement of technology. 

Those guys in the fifties who compiled the book were brilliant and at the top of their game and used very expensive equipment. I am just an average chap with average abilities but our technology is enabled us all to achieve wonderful results. 

• Like 6

• 4 months later...