Hello Again

Lilly

If a person chooses to use the nicotine gum to quit smoking, it is irresponsible for anyone to advocate just "popping" a piece of gum whenever the craving hits. It is against this boards policy to support the use of nicotine as a replacement for smoking unless its use is to quit altogether.   Follow directions.  The Gum is a 12 week program.  The patch has a program as well.  Anything other than following the products directions is abusing the product and giving very poor advice.  You are only fooling yourself if you think you are not still addicted.

and one more thing.  Just sayin'......

image.png.500ff2f20bd51309fdf7674988693d70.png

NOPE is the way for me!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Thanks Saz.  I'm so emotional - I read your post and I burst into tears. I'm hanging on to every word and just praying for the worst to be over. I know it's early days I just wish this would pass. 

It's so nice to come here and be around people who get it x

Every time you get by days like this your quit will grow, podcast out there about adnan syed. Interesting case and something to occupy your mind

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Whispers said:

Every time you get by days like this your quit will grow, podcast out there about adnan syed. Interesting case and something to occupy your mind

Thank you and thank you for the podcast tip. I will look for it and have a listen. ♥️

3 minutes ago, babs609 said:

Before I get yelled at for the picture, I have nothing against NRT's that are used correctly.

You've got this Lilly!!

I got you totally and fully agree x

• Like 3

There are a lot of toxins leaving your system now Lilly; the first two weeks are the worst but they will pass.  Your body will heal itself if you give it a chance to do so after years of abuse.  Come here as much as you need, we are all wanting you to succeed.

• Like 3

Just now, Paul723 said:

There are a lot of toxins leaving your system now Lilly; the first two weeks are the worst but they will pass.  Your body will heal itself if you give it a chance to do so after years of abuse.  Come here as much as you need, we are all wanting you to succeed.

Aww Paul - thank you. That really does help x

• Like 2

Lilly, I had some really sad days in the beginning.  I think we grieve the loss of smoking while we are quitting.  You are doing great and things will get better.  Stay close to the forum.  We are here for you!.

• Like 4

Aw, Lilly, I know those down days are tough. Your emotions are all over the place in the beginning. I'm only just now starting to feel like I'm on a more even keel. But I'm so glad I was patient and didn't light up again! Hang in there. Please don't hesitate to send me a PM if you need a listening ear. I'm here for you!

• Like 5

On 3/18/2019 at 7:55 PM, Linda Thomas said:

Lilly, I had some really sad days in the beginning.  I think we grieve the loss of smoking while we are quitting.  You are doing great and things will get better.  Stay close to the forum.  We are here for you!.

This ^

I remember tears flowing in my early quit. I grieved the loss of cigarettes but more so I grieved for all the years I wasted believing I needed them. Believing I was ‘choosing’ to smoke when the reality was that I am an addict and the addiction was in charge. 

Right now, you’re running low on dopamine because nicotine did the same job so you were not having to produce so much of your own. Your body will catch up and you will feel real joy without the crutch of cigarettes and IT IS WORTH IT. But that is a little further down the line. Don’t avoid the board while you’re sad. That is the best time to be here. Play the games, start a conversation, vent about the smoking or other life stuff that interferes. This place is perfect in these first months to distract you and reinforce your quit. It’s the place where you’re not alone and these people have walked your walk. You got this!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I needed to hear that today. 

I'm avoiding the board because I'm like a fiery ball of anger. I tore all the buttons of my shirt today because when I was ironing it I noticed a little pen mark on the sleeve. I had a fight with a pitta bread yesterday because the lettuce kept falling out. 

I'm not going to smoke I just want to get past this part. It's like my quit has become groundhog day!!

Now I'm annoyed at myself for not being happy I haven't lit up. 

Lilly, all those feelings are normal.  It is like your clawing to get to the other side.  There was about three weeks, during my quit, I did not think my husband would survive me.  

Just know if you can keep going, it gets better each day.  Just keep hanging tough.  

Don't not post.  We all understand because we have been there. I often found the humor on the forum got me through.  Give us the chance to help you through or make your smile.

• Like 2

When you get frustrated and angry, go back to deep breathing. That and calming your mind are the best ways to relax and get "out of the moment". By the way, that's all normal. It will pass - just not as quickly as you'd like :) 

• Like 4

Well I'm still going. Nobody is more surprised than me to be honest. I've not been happy at all but I've not once contemplated smoking. Today was Mother's Day and my children told me how proud they were of me not smoking 😀 x

• Like 9