Daily exercise log for everyone :)

I can usually find one or two poor souls at my office that will do them with me during lunch. Yesterday we did 'shed n shred' level 2...it's harder than 'insanity' I think. One of the girls said she almost called in sick today because she was so sore she could barely get out of bed. After she took a bath in Epsom salts last night. Bwahahah.

• Like 4

My shoulder is still out, though it is feeling better. Regardless its not well enough so Ive been sticking to walking/jogging. SO far this week I have logged in 12 miles, 4 each day. I might push it tomorrow, my endurance is feeling pretty good.

Edit to add....check out what I saw yesterday on my 10th mile mark...this got me going! Was as long as I was tall, if not longer, lol!  It was just strolling along the path, I stopped to let it pass, took a pic and high tailed it out of there!

snake_zpse3320f0a.jpg

I would have flipped my lid I hate snakes they freak me out ewww

I can usually find one or two poor souls at my office that will do them with me during lunch. Yesterday we did 'shed n shred' level 2...it's harder than 'insanity' I think. One of the girls said she almost called in sick today because she was so sore she could barely get out of bed. After she took a bath in Epsom salts last night. Bwahahah.

Jen do you have a gym at work?  

• Like 1

Apparently I'm suffering from memory and math issues, 6th mile I saw that thing. Ever have those days where your mind is everywhere yet no where all at once? That was me yesterday.

All the time :)

• Like 1

Girl - I have been that sore before.  OMG!!  It was soooo embarrassing!.  Walking around all gimpy.  Grunting in pain when sitting down or getting up from my desk.  It was a struggle getting in and out of my car.  I have experienced sore, but those few days were unbearable.  Someone asked me if I was okay.  Not a pretty sight!!!  I have learned to NEVER do that again. :)  Sore is good.  Walking around like you are an idiot is not. :)

• Like 1

Ok - Where am I for exercise this week???

Sunday - Mother's Day.  Not a lot of time today.  Probably could have jogged, but I didn't. :)

Monday - Still recovering from Mother's Day.  LOL

Tuesday - Jogged up a different hill.  I don't think it is quite a steep - except for that one little part.  2.2 miles.  31.36 minutes. Didn't stop except for at the top when I turned around.  I would like to get faster, but pure uphill surely must be good training.  

Wednesday - Barbell class

Thursday - Totally Kill Me Class - I mean Total Conditioning.  I am really sore today.

Friday - Hmmm - let's see how I fell when I wake up. I think I may be up for a jog if the weather is nice.  (I am a fair weather jogger. )

• Like 2

Girl - I have been that sore before.  OMG!!  It was soooo embarrassing!.  Walking around all gimpy.  Grunting in pain when sitting down or getting up from my desk.  It was a struggle getting in and out of my car.  I have experienced sore, but those few days were unbearable.  Someone asked me if I was okay.  Not a pretty sight!!!  I have learned to NEVER do that again. :)  Sore is good.  Walking around like you are an idiot is not. :)

I feel their pain and yours Petra - usually Fridays I do spin and then kick boxing with my trainer- then go to Spanish- hate to think what people that see me as I can barely struggle up the stairs to my class !!

This afternoon - on the other hand - my trainer was sick - so took the opportunity to skivy off exercise and do nothing - today - I almost ran up those stairs ! a0d0423989cfe63dbac86525c36d6b54_zpsff34

ran 6.4 miles outside today :).....I really do believe that the AMT that I use at work is helping with my endurance in running outside without stopping it feels amazing that at 44 after years of abuse my body took from being obese and smoking that I am able to run (first time running ever was in jan 2013)keep moving forward :) one step at a time .....think of what I could do if I never smoked 

Finally feeling better so started Jillians shred!!  Will give it a coupleof days before I add other stuff to it and see how I cope. Feeling agro that two weeks exercise meant no pain at all, was clearly fitter then I thought and worked out 4 times week 1, 5 times week 2 before illness.  So keen to see what the hype is about as dvd arrived monday when I was sick!  I'm as excited as a fat kid in a sweet shop!!! 

Finally feeling better so started Jillians shred!!  Will give it a coupleof days before I add other stuff to it and see how I cope. Feeling agro that two weeks exercise meant no pain at all, was clearly fitter then I thought and worked out 4 times week 1, 5 times week 2 before illness.  So keen to see what the hype is about as dvd arrived monday when I was sick!  I'm as excited as a fat kid in a sweet shop!!! 

Give it some time, you might just enjoy yourself!

• Like 1

Yesterday, I think my subconscious purposely made me late for spin.  The instructor is not a favorite of mine and didn't feel the need to add excessive eye rolling to my workout.  So, I spent 45 minutes with the weights and then the treadmill for 35 minutes.  I was feeling stressed and exercise took it away.  It's funny how not too long ago, stress would make me reach for a cigarette.  Now, I think, when can I get to the gym!

Today went to spin :)

• Like 2

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!!

Just finished running a 5K!!  48:15 minutes!!!!

Didn't make it up that hill without stopping today (sore legs from leg workouts Thrusday and Friday), but I only walked for a short distance for a moment and jogged the rest!!!

YAY ME!! :)

• Like 7

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!!

Just finished running a 5K!!  48:15 minutes!!!!

YAY ME!! :)

Yay you ...Petra!!! Thats great. For me, just to finish walking a 5K would be an accomplishment...I dont see me ever running a race, but hope to get enough ambition to start some kinda work out.

A 5K is Great!  good job!

• Like 1

8.2-miler. Treadmill @ 1:02:38 (7:38/mile)

Better than goal half-marathon pace [1]... for almost 2/3 of the distance.  Just might make that PR in 5 weeks. Will definitely hit a personal record [2], but going to try and stomp a full 3+ minutes off. That's gonna be the goal. And a tough one for old Sarge, too. He's not in shape this year.

BTW - For those who don't know it already: The Sarge has retired from full marathons. 26.2 is not longer in the cards. Too. Damned. Punishing. Half-marathons with 13.1-milers from here on out ... [3][4]

Easy Peasy

FOOTNOTES:

[1] Goal of 1:41 (7:42 pace) for 13.1 miles.

[2] Current Personal Record is 1:44:10 (7:57/mile).

[3] Until impending decrepitude reduces that to 10k (6.2 milers) some time around age 60 or so ...

[4] Mrs. Sarge continues to train for the full 26.2 (F_ck me to hell, how does she do that smoking Marlboros ?!?!?)

• Like 2