Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Somehow made it to the 5:30 spin class tonight, was totally unprepared and realized too late I hadn't eaten for the past 5 hours.  Not recommended.  Won't make that mistake again!  Also did the row machine.

9-miler, outside with The Mrs. Sarge @ 1:18:17 (8:41/mile pace). Very hilly.  Got to run on the nice new trail segment. Sooner or later they'll finish that trail and it'll be nice to be able to get some longer runs in.  Hard to find nice shady trail for 20-milers (although The Sarge has set a cap of 16 miles this year - no full marathons, but Mrs. Sarge still needs the 20+ mile runs for her full marathon training schedule) .

Mrs. Sarge is running slower these days. Hasn't kept up on the training over the off season. Nice leisurely, slow run for The Sarge. For Mrs. this was a fast run. She wasn't really ready for this one today.

It's nice, for once, to be the one ahead. Last year she stomped The Sarge. This year? Not so much. That's what happens - the difference between getting out and running when it's 3 degrees, and sitting on the couch complaining about the bitter cold. Treadmill was broke most of winter (damned slow warantee work getting it fixed) so the only option was run in the snow.

No worries. She'll catch up before August and the Fall Race Season.

10k race next Saturday.  Going for 44 minutes (7:05/mlle). Mrs. Sarge's goal is to just finish.

Easy Peasy

• Like 1

Before spin class, I did the pulley row, chest press and some crunches.  No spin class tomorrow due to the holiday, but I plan on being there bright and early to workout out in peace and quiet lol

• Like 1

Did a killer workout - the last one from my challenge - with my trainer - basically 30,20 then 10 sets of an exercise ... Push-ups, jump squats, kettle bell swings, step ups etc intermingled with sprints .... Amazed I hate running but really enjoyed it ... And 2 great bits of news I can walk tonight and this is the last week of the challenge a0d0423989cfe63dbac86525c36d6b54_zpsff34

• Like 2

No exercise today ... Unless we count controlling my temper ... Was meant to do a class but instead stood at the bank proving who I was .... Um purse stolen means so was drivers licence etc ,,,, Next !

Cable Row, chest press, Lat pull down, Upright Cable row and linear leg press, of which I am now pressing 320 lbs.  That seems like a lot of weight, maybe I should take it easy with that...

T-minus 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Goal time: 44-and-change (10k)

http://www.runningtime.net/Races/Williamsburg/Home.htm

Easy Peasy

What a HORRIBLE run.

Sarge took 7th place, overall and 2nd in Age Group (40-44) ... but was waaayyyy off pace. Wanted to run 7:05 to 7:10 ended up running 7:55. Ouch!

Mrs. Sarge, of course, having to always be better, one-upped The Sarge by taking 6th place (Women's) and WINNING her age group (40-44). She took home a medal today.

... and she still smokes.

Sigh.

Easy Peasy