Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Sarge & Mrs. are loaded up and en route here.

Easy Peasy

Great day in Red River Gorge and Muir Valley. About 4 miles of hiking with heavy elevation turnover (up and down up and down up and dow very large hills (400 feet elevation change).

Got all the climbs we wanted to in at Animal Cracker Wall . Mrs. Sarge, who is relatively wigged out at Lead Climbing due to fear of falling, lead all three of the following routes and upped her game quite a bit this weekend:  Casey Harvey, and Rikki-Tikki-Tavi.  Sorry. No pics this time.  It was just us (Sarge & The Mrs) so nobody to hold a camera (one of us climbing, one belaying (holding the rope) - no free hands for pics).

For today's Special Sauce: Mrs. Sarge wants to run a 12-miler. Her 10k win (age group) Saturday has boosted her motivation and she wants to train hard to place decently at the Half Marathon the end of this month.

FML. Sarge was planning on an 8-miler, easy/slow pace tonight. Now she's a gonna kill him with a fast paced 12-miler.

Easy Peasy

• Like 1

Sounds good Sarge... that sounds like it would do me in.. lol

I have been a bit busy and not reporting in....  so....

In the past seven days...

I have done 6 one hour cycle classes,

two 30 minute personal training with weights,

about 5 hours of weight and machine work on my own,

a 1 hour private pilates session with trainer on the reformer,

and I guess I peddled my bike outside about 70 or 80 miles outside.

I am so happy to be outside again!

• Like 1

I am now a chubby, nonsmoking slacker with minimal estrogen. I walked and half heartedly jogged abit this morning. :0

At least you are moving!  And you are not chubby, so zip it  :P

• Like 1

Went to spin class tonight...had a little malfunction with the release on one of my shoe.  Seems somebody was touching something they weren't supposed to and tightened the shoe as tight as it would go....couldn't get it to release.  My shoes, you push the lever down to release, well it was pushed down as far as it would go, stuck...used one of the tokens for class to pry it open and yeah I fixed it.  So, just spin, there wasn't time for weights after I changed and fixed my shoe.  Happy to get to class though :)   

Last I checked with measurements and such, I had lost 5% body weight :)

On wednesday I had a 1 hour pilates private.. and  I peddled 40 miles.

Club opened at 4:40am today, 1 hour with machines, 45 minute spin, sauna, shower and home by 8:00

Yesterday re-measured with the trainer.... My weight has stayed the same in the last two months, but most of my measurements have gotten smaller inspite of getting stronger and having more muscle as apposed to flab. My trainer says I need to eat carbs, carbs and more carbs.. He says I am not eating enough so I am going to focus on trying to eat more before and after work outs.  Hard to take carbs on the go though.. nothing is convienient when you have my food restrictions..

In december my body fat was 24.7%,,, yesterday it was 18.1%

12 week challenge now complete - lost 3 kilos but also 10 centimetres from my waist - happy with that !!

Have to take a week off now - minor injury - so gonna use that to rest up - and then back to attacking it next week !

• Like 2

Back down to Muir Valley (Red River Gorge) today to hit the rest of the routes on this wall that we didn't get to last week.

Just Sarge and some friends. Mrs. Sarge is in Boston delivering babies.[1]

Easy Peasy

FOOTNOTES:

[1] Our best friend and college room mate of 7 years (college + law school) squeezed out twins yesterday morning.

Lat pull down, triceps press, seated pulley row, upright rows, then spin class.  I really miss going to spin weekday mornings.  One of my instructors has a fitness studio and just ordered bikes and mentioned having a 6:30 pm spin class.  Going to have to look into that!

today is a day of rest for me......going to the store to pick up food that I need for the week...then it's week 4 for me in my 10 week challenge.  This taking care of myself business is a full time job!  :)

• Like 3

10-miler this morning. Basement treadmill. 0% grade/incline (no hill). 1:15:33 (7:33/mile).  It was a rough one but faster than goal pace for the upcoming race.

Half-marathon in less than 3 weeks ...

2014-06-28 : Official goal has been adjusted/set at 1:41:00  based on today's run. That will absolutely smash Sarge's current PR by over 3 full minutes.

Easy Peasy

While you're all going nuts, I've done 21 minutes of yoga lol. Building up 1 minute a day back to the half hour and then add in the next wave when I feel comfortable. Loving the stomach burn today from working my core two days in a row :)

• Like 1