Day 4

Just finished my fourth task for the morning, and this is the first post-task void appearance.  So, I'm just popping in to say "hello"... filling the void.  Deep breaths.  Stretching.  Closing my eyes and focusing on my breathing... ahhhh... that's nice.  NEXT TASK!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, TravellingSunny said:

Oh, man, here come the craves.  All was relatively well until I ate lunch.  I've been wandering the halls bothering co-workers for the past twenty minutes because no way am I getting any real work done right now.  

I think the 3rd and 4th day may be the worse because nicotine is completely leaving your body.Hang in there Sunny.I know I could stick a whole pack in my mouth rite now and lite it with a blow torch I am jonesing so bad.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, rustycolts said:

I think the 3rd and 4th day may be the worse because nicotine is completely leaving your body.Hang in there Sunny.I know I could stick a whole pack in my mouth rite now and lite it with a blow torch I am jonesing so bad.

42 minutes ago, TravellingSunny said:

You hang in there too, Rusty!  

And, thank you for the giggle.  The image of you with a wad of smokes and a blow torch to your face just tickled me.  I actually feel a bit better now.

Hang in there, you two.  Howl, scream and bark.  Do anything except smoke.  You will be feeling better, I promise.

• Like 1

I used to think of that pack of cigs in my mouth but not lit, just cramming 20 raw unlit cigs in my mouth and I could imagine the awful taste and the way every bit of the moisture in my mouth would be gone and I couldn't swallow and I would be gagging and retching.....

Aversion therapy.

7 hours ago, TravellingSunny said:

You never realize how long a minute is until you quit smoking. 

I remember thinking that time had stopped in the early days of my quit! That too will pass. You and Rusty are doing great - hang in and ride the waves of craves. That's how you get through it :)