Everything posted by scottinpa
-
Confessions
Too Late!! :P I Confess that I have nothing to confess!!! B)
-
What's For Dinner: Part 2
Your up Leanna... I need new dinner ideas... what have you been cooking???
-
4 Months for Holski
Congratulations on 4 Months!!! WTG!!!
-
Mid Life Crisis
Excellent choice,,, Getting in and out of it can be your new exercise plan!!!
-
Sigh. And sad news :'(
Very sorry to here this... condolences to you and your family
-
I lost my first 12 lbs!!!
You quit smoking... and now you can do this too!!! Just do it because you know its good for you and for those around you!!! It will be OK!!!
-
What's For Dinner: Part 2
So this is it after the first cooking.... the top kind of heaved even more, so I let it cool a bit and covered with plastic wrap and weighed it down with the marble slab you see under it. At least it is all back in and below the edge of the dish. It looks a lot more unorganized in the pic than it does in real life.. lol.... I will add some more white sauce on top for the second cooking. I think it will be really good when I finally get it to the table, I definitely need a bigger and deeper lasagna pan. I know it cooks down but there is 3lbs of fresh cooked spinach and two 1lb bags of frozen spinach in this dish. The whole thing has got to weigh 15 lbs or more... Dinner for two!?! :huh:
-
Hospital this morning...
glad to hear and hope it progresses with out much delay!!! Good Luck to you both!!
-
So....I've been a little busy...
Very Nice Babs!!! Thanks for sharing!
-
!!!!!!!!!!! AUDIT !!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks everyone,,, Been Quiet,... so far there was only one additional request for more information. So all we do now is wait and see what happens this Tuesday. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone up north of us!!! Have a great long weekend here in the states!
-
Holiday baking
Post the recipe here! Please!! Do you make your own crust? if so post that one too. I made pumpkin custard a week or so ago... I googled the recipe and got so much info that I did not know which one to use... lol Leanna, the breads look great. A friend of mine makes a gluten free banana bread but has yet to give me the recipe.
-
What's For Dinner: Part 2
I made this yesterday and put it into the fridge for today. It is a white cream sauce spinach and mushroom lasagna. I put it together with the noodles dry and I usually freeze it for a day or two, but this time I just put it into the fridge for 24 hours and the whole thing kind of heaved. Its actually growing out of the pan, lol. Lasagna is always better when it is left over so I cook it once early (currently happening) then I let cool and reheat again at dinner time. that is grated mozzarella on top!! :D
-
Wheat free?
So... a week or so ago somebody was talking about pumpkin hummus. So I told them I would attempt to make it and bring in samples. Well it turned out really good, but instead of buying pumpkin puree I cooked down a 11 lb pumpkin. So I ended up with about 3 quarts of puree. Some of this I froze in 2 cup bags, but I also tried making pumpkin custard, never did it before and although I found it to sweet and spicy, everybody that tried it said it was really good. So much for my taste buds.. lol Yesterday I was working on yet another lasagna ( that I will save for another topic ) and I realized that the plantains were going ripe much quicker than normal. I decided to use them up and made Plantain Custard. Sounds odd but they get a banana like flavor as they ripen, so I figured it was worth a shot, better than just throwing them away. So below is a pic of what I ended up with, these are just out of the oven and still in the water bath. I decided last minute to add coconut flakes to the mix. This added a nice background flavor to the custard, problem was that it gave what should have been a smooth custard sort of a grainy texture. It still tasted really good, but if i did it again I would puree the hec out of the coconut or just use some coconut extract.
-
What's For Dinner: Part 2
It looks good to me, Did you have it over rice?? and how was it?
-
What's For Dinner: Part 2
I made pumpkin hummus today.... it is much better than I expected. really good on carrots or sweet potato chips. I also made pumpkin custard.. it turned out pretty good but I should have cooked it longer. Dinner was salmon cakes, sauteed kale with parmesian,.. and a rice stir fry with portabellos and olives...
-
***HOLD THE PRESS - It’s been a whole year for our Sue***
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
- Finished a 5K! :)
-
SueBeeDoo--A Poll
I was not sure about the 3rd question... but deep down I hope we are all a little smutty so I went with that :D .. but the pirate thought scared me :o Congrats Sue!!!
-
What's For Dinner: Part 2
As always, that looks excellent Leanna!! Tonight I am having London Broil ( home made marinade ) on the grill,... baked potatoes ( with greek yogurt and bacon bits ).... steamed Broccoli ( lightly seasoned ) and either cucumber or 5 bean salad.
- Daily exercise log for everyone :)
-
Healthy and cheap foods to buy?
If I am reading this right,,,, you are going to do 1100 cals per day for 6 days and then have an non counting calories day on saturdays... like the sky is the limit??
-
********HEY ACTION let's count*******
wow!!! 15 days to go!!! this is gonna be fun,,,,,lol!
-
!!!!!!!!!!! AUDIT !!!!!!!!!!!
Wine is excellent!!! first thing I did was pour a glass of wine after he left.lol I am innocent!!! but keep that file handy!!! :(
-
Healthy and cheap foods to buy?
I am unsure how this works... but I will ask my cousin about it when I see her. I think they are soaking dried garbanzo beans too, but theirs sprout and then after they collect the sprouts I get the beans... So what you are using are probably pretty darn close tho what I am using... texture is a little different but everyone I share with really likes it!!
-
!!!!!!!!!!! AUDIT !!!!!!!!!!!
:Holy crap... he just left.. coming back in two weeks. .. it would go quicker but he stutters so bad it takes forever to get a sentence out... then he says " do you understand "... if I say I dont then he stutters it all over again... wanna lmao but its not gonna be funny until its over. He is coming back in two weeks,,, and then probably one more time... what a waste of time!!!