Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wendy

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by Wendy

  1. Wendy replied to joe's topic in Socializing
    Holy moly Joe that looks nasty. Glad to hear your both more or less ok. Hope you both heal up good and quick :)
  2. Congrats on 3 years!
  3. Congrats on 3 years!
  4. :d Yes bakon, that's exactly it ... not an "evil minion" but a fancy vibrator with a fluffy end :o
  5. I used to mostly smoke roll ups 'cos you know ... expensive ... anyhoo ... I don't miss bits of hot tobaccy getting loose and drifting onto my clothes and burning a little hole ... I had a pair of tights (nylons) go up in a flash of flame once ... that was fun ...
  6. Specially for bakon ... bet your glad you mentioned it now ... Thanks again for the good wishes all :)
  7. Wendy replied to BAT's topic in Celebrations!
    Congratulations on 3 years Bat :)
  8. Thank you all, very kind of you. Yes Joe I'm proud of myself whilst at the same time, can't quite believe I have 2 years under my belt. Never thought it would happen and can't quite believe it has. AND mostly I can't believe I ever smoked in the first place ...
  9. Can totally relate to this. I find myself holding my breath when passing smokers or when going in to stores ('cos store entrances reek of smoke!). And I hate going to smokers houses ... I'm lucky I can arrange it so I go straight home to shower and change.
  10. Congrats Leanna and hubby, such a beautiful little boy you have there. Well worth the wait eh? Sorry you had a tough aftermath ... I second the sarge, such a cool name!
  11. Wow. Just ... wow. You know, the last few years the ends of a couple of my fingers were feeling a bit odd, kinda numb .. and I KNEW it was circulatory issues from smoking. Never would've thought it would lead to what I just saw ... jeez ... I think I quit just in time ... Awesome video Doreen ... should be required viewing in schools and tobacconists ...
  12. What they said ... Did you watch talking dead afterwards?? The cast were on it and most of them were almost in tears talking about it ... Feels like it's gonna be a different show from here on out.
  13. I briefly forgot I'd posted this lol ... oh boy my memory is going! Thanks Nancy, I remember you joining me in a happy dance when I thought I'd got rid of the cankers. Sadly that didn't last long but yep, they are mostly under control - still get one every week or so but that's better than 7/8/9 or so! I have a dental check up in January so if it happens again or I get any other weird tastes I will be sure to mention it. Hi bakon ... I used to smoke roll ups the last few years (that was all I could afford) and if you've ever done roll ups you'll know that every now and then you'd get a stray piece of tobacco end up in your mouth ... absolutely vile taste. Really strong, tangy, stale tobacco ... tricky to describe but if it happened to you, you'll know what I mean ... Well, it was exactly like that ... almost as if I'd flossed a piece of baccy out lol ... I actually checked the floss to see what the hell I'd unearthed!! Nothing on it but I had given my gum a whack so thought maybe it was tobacco juices hiding long term in my gums ... I've googled it but can't find anything relevant ...
  14. Hi folks, how is everyone? All good and behaving themselves? :D So something weird happened during my morning ablutions today and it got me thinking ... Whilst flossing I suddenly got a taste of old, stale tobacco ... eeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww (where's the vomit emoji?) Now bearing in mind my quit is a grand 21 months old .... WTF??? Yes, ok, my gums are not great after 20 odd years of smoking - there is receding going on which is a great look (NOT) and I've endured 2 deep cleans over the last 12 months to try to get it under control. But are they really still soaked in tobacco juice so that I get to taste that old stale taste in my mouth??? Shouldn't it be all gone by now? So, so gross ... Anyone else had this or just me?? Anyone with a clue as to why?? By the way, some of you may remember the saga of the canker sores/mouth ulcers? A new sensitivity to SLS in toothpaste, the majority of mouthwashes and citric acid (which is in so much stuff it's frickin ridonkulous) caused a never ending supply of mouth pain ... thankfully it's mostly under control now but I finally found out why I got this sensitivity when I quit ... I've recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia which causes a variety of symptoms - including oral sensitivity ... It looks like I've had this for about 20 years but smoking was hiding some of my symptoms ... Anyhoo ... I'm on medication which is helping but it is sooooo nice to finally be able to explain why!!!! Why I've felt so crappy for sooooo long and why I felt so much worse when I quit smoking when I was supposed to be feeling better! I mostly feel better now :)
  15. So excited for you Leanna and can't wait to see the baby pics when your little man arrives (I'm only here for the baby pics after all lol). My eldest used to kick all the time too, and we figured he was playing football with my kidneys lol. As you say reassuring at this stage, but I warn you, it gets a bit painful when your nearer full term and their all feet, knees and elbows! My eldest is 21 now (and boy that makes me feel old!) and he's still always on the move, although thankfully no longer kicks his old mum :)
  16. I mostly pop in to see baby pictures lol but couldn't miss mammy's 3 years now could I, and what a reward gift off our Action! Yep, doing OK thanks and most definitely still smoke free! :)
  17. Happy 3 years Doreen! Congrats! Action, oh my, such cuteness all rolled up in a little dot. I bet she has you wrapped around her little finger lol ...
  18. She has a butt like Tasha's??!! :blink: (sorry :P )
  19. Nearly 6 months already? Wow where does the time go?! Your daughter is just too cute Action ... I only come here for the baby pics now LOL ... keep them coming! Please and thankyou ...
  20. Wow what cute kids and great pics. When we went to Disney a lot of years ago my boys wouldn't go anywhere near the characters which was kinda disappointing for me lol ...
  21. Happy birthday Mr Bandit :)
  22. Hi Ev, I definitely hear you on the snow! Yesterday in my town, we had blazing sunshine with blue skies followed by high winds and rain, then hail, then snow, then a blizzard, then more rain, some more blue skies and sunshine ... was totally crazy and I ended up soaked and freezing cold and came down with a cold last night! I would love for spring or better yet summer but honestly, right now I'd settle for consistency lol ... Have a great Kingsday - no idea what that is but enjoy anyway!
  23. Hi guys and girls, hope all is good in your world :) Last week was my 15 month quit anniversary and I didn't even realise until today. I think I must really be a non-smoker now lol ... At the start of a quit you wonder how you will ever cope without a cigarette, believing whole heartedly that you are a confirmed smoker - that you love it and could never survive without your "friend" and constant companion. A few months in and the urgency has gone from your craves but you still think about smoking, possibly even have a small yearning every now and again - romancing the cigarette. You even fail a few quits and have to start over 'cos some days you just don't want to fight the urge any more. People tell you that if you just hold on, soon you won't think about smoking at all but in the grip of a crave you think how can that possibly be true?? You look at your ticker and count off the days, celebrating every achievement. And then you realise you didn't even notice the latest one ... and it's all true. It IS possible to quit. It IS possible to not miss it anymore. It IS possible to be over the whole smoking thing. If you just hold on. I got myself fairly big(ish) rewards for my 6 month and 12 month anniversaries and had been planning something for my 18 month but at this rate - I don't think I'll even notice it!
  24. Congratulations Leanna! So happy and excited for you :)
  25. Congratulations to you both!! Awesome news, really happy for you. :)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.