Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Still winning

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Still winning

  1. I wouldn't mind watching the film. I did crack up that they are considering providing plastic seat covers in some cinema's here haha. I think it's weird they're releasing it on valentines tho? Anyway, I read all the books and thought they were quite good. Also love twilight (and all things vampire/werewolf/sci fi except zombies, that freaks me out) and am very interested to see what magic mike can provide.... Basically I'm a happy follower :D
  2. I didn't listen either...but you only need her to repeat it to someone that it does stick with, or someone overheard or maybe it will resonate with her another day. You are good peoples beacon :)
  3. Still winning replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    I worry about the good fit :D Every good superhero must hang up the cape sometime my friend, good luck looking around for something which inspires you.
  4. Goodness, not what you needed on top of everything, I'm so sorry for what you've had to deal with and pleased you're on the mend. I do like your OH's thinking, although I have to say I'm sure you would have prefered to just see a feather or have a lovely dream to be re-assured. xx Thinking of you Jess and sending healing. Hope you have big plans for celebration 4! I think it's a big relief milestone anyway but will have more significance for you. x
  5. f uck a duck...please get a f ucking house soon!! Fucketyfuckfuck!! Bring wine, stat!!
  6. Awww, love this cat :)
  7. I love the dancing.... wiggle wiggle wiggle I may well watch this, for the dance tips....
  8. Hey Tyme, It's pretty crazy what the chemical bits of a cig did to us. I don't know as if we totally accept it until we do this really real quit and see how many things in us go a bit crazy! Nuts ey! However I think it will help to think on it as your body trying to heal itself from the inside to out. How wonderful is that, even after years that our bodies try and fix things :) Agree with if anything persists past 2/3 weeks, or feels truly painful to follow up with medical advice. But I wanted to share a number of us had so many crazy and not always seemingly related symptoms! Use it to stay quit, if you don't smoke today you will never have to do this day again. x
  9. Seriously deluded...been there... Perhaps you can go with we will have to agree to disagree. x
  10. That's so lovely! Off to find tissues lol.
  11. I took cold medicines to combat the sleeping problems. About 2 weeks I think. Good on you for your quit, 1 week is amazing work!! I would encourage you to read up on nicotine addiction. I don't think many can "give up" smoking, it's an addiction BUT if we flip it on it's head to see what we're gaining and that it's simply bad stuff we let go of....well that becomes an easier one to battle through. The difference I think is perspective if that makes sense. Welcome :) x
  12. Glad you quit again Mike. Can you ask your wife to keep her cigs with her for a while. It gives us thinking time if we need to actually walk to a shop and buy them. I quit with smokers in the house and they did this for me without me really asking. x
  13. How are you doing now hun? x
  14. That honestly wasn't me lol, we had an entertainer! Great about Mrs B, 3 weeks is not long, go big with celebrating!! The wig, just no Bakon. It's not alright, the underwear is not alright either. Just start singing dude, I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and gay ...jovial sort aren't you :) You do make me smile.
  15. You are Yoda Jackie...there is no try....beat this you will :) Seriously babe, it's always gonna be tempting to give up giving up, otherwise no one would smoke! What I can say is I felt what you felt at thsoe specific times too and held on and it passed. I think maybe you need to trust that it does always pass. Love your commitment, here for you anytime! Let's "get er done" x
  16. Sorry, shattered means really tired. Today Pump it up Workout - kinda like zumba but to dance music with sexier moves lol. And then some girlie press ups and crunches.
  17. Ewwwww.
  18. welcome home. Two hours is amazing, onto hour 3!! x
  19. Tonight won't be "the night" but as close as I can get without kids I think!! 10,000 cigarettes is close. That's utterly mental. 10,000!! I honestly doubted whether "I" could quit. I mean I really thought I was one of those lifers... people told me I was that smoker. Everyone was stunned when I quit. No massive surprise, I could do 2 or 3 packets per day, depending on home or out. My biggest surprise is that I feel good to have it done now. Yes I asked the "how long will I feel like this" and did each phase to it's full capacity. That said, less than a year..I'm alright you know. I smoked from young until I was 38 and some change. Please can someone post the 10,000 cigarette poster thing for me so I can smile my biggest smile. Absolutely winning, feels amazing. I get some people cruise past landmarks but that's not my way. I'm go big or go home and this inspires me to hold on if I ever were to doubt myself. Power of a quitting website ey!! Converts the doubters :) Love to one an all no matter day 1 or forever quit. x
  20. Sorry, cleared my inbox a bit :) Monday Insanity training Today Yoga
  21. Great job!! As was said before, cravings go, they are short lived. The benefits of not smoking are long lasting and worth some mental thoughts. Just think, for now, for this minute, at this time, I won't smoke and then distract yourself. Distraction and reading up on how nicotine addiction works are your best friends right now. Agree with the mantra thing too, whatever works for you. From "smoking is not on the table right now" or "I deserve better than this" or whatever "speaks to you". Also physical movement, switch from foot to foot all the way through to actual exercise are massive wins! It seems to knock a crave down. Amazing work Matthew!! You absolutely can do this!! x
  22. ROFL knicker sniffing haha.
  23. Told ya mankini's were only online now.... :fool:
  24. Hi Matthew, Sos is there because we'd all rather use or answer that than keep fighting the same fight. Welcome aboad! Drink water and juice, deep breaths. Lots of reading how this addiction works...really helps to understand. Look forward to hearing your updates.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.