Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Still winning

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Still winning

  1. Yeah I get what you're saying with the blogs. It's not as easy to read as this but it has a value to keep I think :) Yikes, sound effects sound nasty, are the drops working better now as if they do that and don't help I'd be inclined to go back and whinge for new meds?
  2. Lace, 11 months, how fabulous!! You did amazing so massive congrats to you. Still my favourite quit story with the kids too :) x
  3. Massive congrats on the big 10 Crys!! Can't wait till we can sun ourselves on that lido deck, won't be long :) x
  4. Delayed reaction here, sorry. Massive congrats on your one year. I really enjoyed your writing and used to look for your posts, I miss you on here. You are one special lady and I'm pleased you quit for you family, and for your friend, but mostly for you! 1 year done and dusted in style :) x
  5. I recorded my journey from start to now ish in the blog section if it helps to know? You are doing so fab. x
  6. Smarty, have you tried wearing a knee support? Mine are knackered from track days and cross country as a kid but still hold out with a support for even high intensity stuff? Mon Insanity high intensity, 1 hour Today Nursery, chasing kids and yoga
  7. I'm thinking now... (shh bandit) Perhaps we could do the english/scottish masterclass between us?? I said trolleys the other day and the poor lovely lady had no idea I meant trousers, which they call pants, but pants are guys underwear not trolleys.. and such like.. Init - Isn't it ...as in ... init great you've got a year under ya belt now Proper - is a term for something that really is... as in... proper good you quit, really good. Chuffed for ya... really genuinely pleased for you, great news and you could do the scottish??
  8. NOPE!! Wish those past Watford types would learn the language, pfft, init :)
  9. Do you know this thread exists? What's the funniest thing that ever happened to you? Shall we bomb the tax office? (joke, honestly!)
  10. One month Jen, brilliant!!! Massive congrats to you my friend, so pleased you made it :) xx
  11. I hate to dissapoint you Crys, so yes...yes they do :D (shhh they don't really, more likely to say init for isn't it but maybe some posh people can still do that)
  12. You did it!! Let's be honest was there ever any doubt, tenacity should be your middle name :) I know you have faced a tough year here. This quit although decided, has been marred by a number of timings and situations around you including business concerns and those you love suffering with health. You still made it look easy my friend, you always kept it simple in that we are all non smokers, we already did it! Through it all you have wielded your humour like a weapon and your gentle nature, both have played strong parts in both inspiring others and helping them feel strong enough to hold on. I have seen your posts in EVERY sos and I can't say I'm surprised. So while others may know you for your humour and funnies and that is true, for me, you are the guy that saved my life. Quite literally my life and possibly a little sanity too in dealing with my crazy witterings :) You have been a most excellent quit buddy Stu and I am forever greatful, although I am clocking the insults too.... Massive congrats to you for 1 year of FREEDOM, you rock dude :yahoo: Much love x
  13. Going to stop focusing on it, run with distraction like I did when I quit. Knowing that if I marked time I would have the freedom others promised me...sounds like a familiar tune! I trust you guys that this didn't sound right to you either when I already suspected that. Don't think I will ever be "ok" with this or that I obviously buried myself in a smoking haze and never noticed how bad it really was.... There is some fabulous stuff coming for me, I can feel it in me bones :) One day at a time until it's done. That I can do. Really, all of you who answered and advised/empathised...thank you. It means I can re focus myself having got it out now I think and concentrate on the good things and those I can fix one at a time. x
  14. One more sleep.... Got me kleenex tissues at the ready ;)
  15. Do celebrate, this is a massive accomplishment. Chuffed for you Tom, great job. You always made it look very straightforward :) Bottoms upon the cocktails :) Loves. x
  16. 11 months Aine, inspiring stuff!! So so pleased you quit, I think your honesty helped more people than you would ever know and for sure you and comrade are much better without the smokes in your life. Much love. x
  17. No you're not the only one who fell off the wagon but still really wanted to be quit. The only difference is you decided smoking would "help you" in some way. At a point in your quit an "aha" moment arrives where you realize it makes all worse not better, you can pursue it faster by educating yourself about the nicotine addiction. You need to understand it is a vicious circle and that smoking doesn't fix stress...do you feel better being a smoker...well no, because all you're thinking is about not smoking again (which is fabulous by the way). So yes, it happens. Perfect news you want to jump straight back on. No judgements here, I've been where you were. You just need to decide no matter what you won't smoke. There will be tests, and it's so true that life has all manner of stresses that will come, but they also go. Can't wait for you to be free and content and it will happen for you for sure if you just choose to not smoke, no matter what. Soon enough those urges get less until my stage where it's just an occassional dumb thought that you dismiss easily. Separate to all that though sorry about your super stressful move, sounds nasty. Pleased landlord fixed stuff quickly for you. x
  18. Hey Lennon, How's it all going with the quit?
  19. How are you doing, how's the sleeping going?
  20. Thanks guys. Done a lot of eating, wine and tears this weekend. Will force myself forward. I am sure I did nothing bad, thanks for phrasing it so well...when I answer these questions in my head my way is clear, I did nothing bad at all, simply defended myself which I stand by. A somewhat shaky onwards and upwards and like you say, one thing at a time. x
  21. BOOM!! :) You done so great and making one week is super sweet for sure!! Really pleased for you, in english though...chuffed to bits for you :)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.