Random thoughts...

notsmokinjo

6 hours ago, MrTitwank said:

English, do you speak it? ****!

Have you not read the breaking news? I save my good English for there. You would not want me to waste my word limit on random thoughts.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, MrTitwank said:

English, do you speak it? ****!

For you, my darling Pork Chop I will offer a special, free of charge, translation service.

17 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

3 MORE SLEEPS...... I can almost smell the deep heat an four 'n' twenties.... Hot pies, cold drinks and a record... Bring it on.

There are 3 sleeps until the footy (Football of the Australian Rules variety, not soccer, rugby or gridiron)... I can almost smell the deep heat (lineament commonly worn by footy players) and hot palm sized meat pies served at footy games.... There are teenage boys who walk around the ground sell "Hot pies, Cold drinks and Football Records" ( a magazine listing the players in the teams, their stats and a field for you to record the stats of the game (not unlike a racing form guide but for the week of football). Let the season begin.

13 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Yay...my favourite time of day...when all the Brits come out ta play!?

Hooray, it is my favourite time of the day because those members of the forum residing on the British Isles have woken up and logged onto to quit train.

6 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Now the Sepos have joined the party too... Woohoo.

Now the Americans have joined in too.

There you go my dear, your most welcome. ?

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 2

Just now, Sslip said:

Yeah the convicts need to talk in slang so the old bill don't clock what they are up to. 

lol they do that out here as well, if they start calling you a balloon knot or a brown eye and you dont get it THEY KNOW lmao

• Like 2

There's just some things that never leave you aren't there?

Football World Cup semi final 1990 for me. 

And for that matter cricket world Cup 1992. Pakistan wouldn't have qualified for the final if our group game hasn't been abandoned part way through. 

You have a lot to learn about how long this crap stays with you for. 

Early 90s a really bad time to be an England sports fan. 

Edited by Sslip
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Whispers said:

Ah-ha... so this is footy, now lemme watch it a few times to figure out why they run with it, kick it do they throw it? and its that the only way you score with a kick through the uprights(two poles)

Right... There is no throwing, if you throw the other team gets a free (kick.. Penalty)... You can handball though.. Hold the ball on your flattened palm and punch it.

Scoring... If you kick it, untouched through the 2 big sticks you get a goal which is worth 6 points.. If its touched, hits a big stick or goes through the gap between the big stick and the little stick you get a behind, which is 1 point.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Whispers said:

i urban dictionary it and this was there

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sepo

That definition is a bit harsh.... it all depends on how its delivered....Don't forget... I'm from Straya where... aussie-logic.jpg 

(That doesn't mean everyone you call Mate is ya enemy... it just depends how ya say it an the context Look Mate  is bad... "so mate" is good... its a tricky language English)

This definition from Sepo/Seppo is more accurate... https://www.surfer.com/blogs/ask-a-local-what-is-a-seppo/  

Seppo? Yank? Gringo?

America is probably the most hated country in the world. What the rest of this planet forgets though is we are the only thing standing in the way of certain dictators national leaders taking over the planet.

23 hours ago, Jetblack said:

Seppo? Yank? Gringo?

America is probably the most hated country in the world. What the rest of this planet forgets though is we are the only thing standing in the way of certain dictators national leaders taking over the planet.

And saying things like THAT are why they hate us most.  That and we tend to be a rude lot when visiting their countries, expecting them to do things like speak English and do things “our way”.   I’m usually ashamed of most Americans when I encounter them outside the US. 

No offense. 

• Like 3

Its Scotland o'clock.. Mornin to the wee lassies. 

English is probably trying to get a lay

In...lay in, in aus  we jus say sleep in cos a lay should be restful or ya doing it wrong.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Weegie said:

Well thank f its friday :13_upside_down:

What if some weird person was sad that it was gonna be the weekend because they would not get to be at work for two days?

I am glad it is Friday myself cause i am off weekends.

• Like 2