All New Members!

Reciprocity

Just wanted to point out that we have an SOS page here. For new quitters, this is a place to post up an urgent message if you feel you are being overcome by an urge to smoke. WAIT - don't do that! Post up an SOS on this page and wait for 3 responses before you do anything!!

There is also a "Pre-respond to your own SOS" thread on that page. This is where you can write yourself a message in advance. Something that is meaningful to YOU!! Go there when you feel weak and read it! It just may be what you need to re-energize your will power. At the very least, it will buy you time. Very strong urges to smoke don't last all that long so buying some time is important!

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

There is also a "Pre-respond to your own SOS" thread on that page. This is where you can write yourself a message in advance. Something that is meaningful to YOU!! Go there when you feel weak and read it! It just may be what you need to re-energize your will power. At the very least, it will buy you time. Very strong urges to smoke don't last all that long so buying some time is important!

That is a great thread that is unfortunately overlooked far too often.  It's great to get encouragement from others, but no one knows you better than you do.  Personalize it and get right to the heart of the matter.  Maybe you need positive reinforcement.  Or maybe you need a swift kick in the ass.  Only you can answer that.

It's never a bad thing to have a full toolbox.

• Like 3

I never read the "Pre-respond to your own SOS" thread before.  This is some really good and useful reading. 

I'm definitely going to have to take the time to read all of it and come up with my own.  Thanks for recommending it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, johnny5 said:

I never read the "Pre-respond to your own SOS" thread before.  This is some really good and useful reading. 

I'm definitely going to have to take the time to read all of it and come up with my own.  Thanks for recommending it.

I saw that the other day and thought it was great but also thought it was you who started it by the handle...

45 minutes ago, Whispers said:

I saw that the other day and thought it was great but also thought it was you who started it by the handle...

There was a JONNY5 on QSMB that was active before I joined.  Had I known that, I would have chosen a different name.  He's written some really great stuff on both boards but he is not me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, johnny5 said:

There was a JONNY5 on QSMB that was active before I joined.  Had I known that, I would have chosen a different name.  He's written some really great stuff on both boards but he is not me.

Yes, Jonny5 brought the "Respond to your own SOS" thread from QSMB.

Edited by Nancy
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, johnny5 said:

Jonny5 brought a few of his most popular posts to this board as he was a mod here in the beginning. :) 

• Like 2

Just now, Nancy said:

Sorry the thread got hijacked.  Welcome all new quitters...we are here to help!

5 hours ago, Whispers said:

Yes, no intention where it went from my quote, i stepped in quick sand it looks like. The pre SOS is a fantastic idea, i'll do mine and all new quitters should do theirs

13 hours ago, Whispers said:

Yes, no intention where it went from my quote, i stepped in quick sand it looks like. The pre SOS is a fantastic idea, i'll do mine and all new quitters should do theirs

No worries Whispers.  No quick sand.  I have to look twice myself when I see a post from one of the Jonny5's.  :)   We :17_heart_eyes: them both.  hahaha  I remember being really confused when the second one showed up.  I even wondered if he was up to no good.  ;)  But it was clear pretty quickly he was a good guy, just like the original.  lol

• Like 2

On 2/26/2018 at 10:23 PM, Whispers said:

r2vn6t.jpg

lol :3_grin:

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1