Tell Us The Positives Newbies

Reciprocity

SOOO many awesome things:

1) Smell - I can smell things I never appreciated (fresh cut grass, flowers, lotions, food, etc)

2) I don't catch myself thinking of dying of lung cancer anymore

3) I am able to be closer to family and friends as I now don't have to stay a distance so they don't smell my stale ashtray smell

4) Lots more kisses from the husband

5) Being able to be around people and actually invest in a conversation vs. putting half your mind in waiting for the next smoke

6) NO MORE CHEST PAIN or smokers cough/laugh

7) Finally, I feel so powerful having overcome such a terrible habit...nothing can hold me down now! :)

• Like 5

1) Smell - I can smell things I never appreciated (fresh cut grass, flowers, lotions, food, etc)

3) I am able to be closer to family and friends as I now don't have to stay a distance so they don't smell my stale ashtray smell

5) Being able to be around people and actually invest in a conversation vs. putting half your mind in waiting for the next smoke

7) Finally, I feel so powerful having overcome such a terrible habit...nothing can hold me down now! :)

Take these positive thoughts, keep them in your mind always, live in the light they bring to your life and keep running as far as you can away from this awful addiction.....and never look back !!!

There will never be anything there for you except awful slavery, and the promise of horrible diseases and death.

You, I, and all of us were not born for that destiny.

Cristóbal

• Like 1

this is perfect.

• Like 1

I too am having sinus problems, Reciprocity.  I think it is quit related, because I have never had sinus problems before.  I had them for about 2 weeks now and they finally have started to ease up, hope yours are getting better also.

I love the fact that I don't have to smoke before every outing.  My husband mentioned the other day how nice it was that he didn't have to wait 10 minutes for me to smoke before we got in the car. 

P.S. I can't use the quote feature, does anyone know why?

• Like 1

I too am having sinus problems, Reciprocity.  I think it is quit related, because I have never had sinus problems before.  I had them for about 2 weeks now and they finally have started to ease up, hope yours are getting better also.

I love the fact that I don't have to smoke before every outing.  My husband mentioned the other day how nice it was that he didn't have to wait 10 minutes for me to smoke before we got in the car. 

P.S. I can't use the quote feature, does anyone know why?

You should be able to just left click on the quite button bottom right of the response you wish to quote and it should produce the quote above your response is like here in my response to you.

I've had sinus issues for probably 2 months now although this week I think it's maybe improving a bit. Very frustration though as if affects sleep. We went out today to a sporting event and like you, I too enjoyed the fact I didn't have to smoke before and after and make others wait up for me. It was really strange as well to come out of the stadium and be immediately hit with the strong smell of cigarette smoke. Of course, I never noticed it ever before because I smoked and was one of those people who rushed outside and lit up a smoke immediately.

• Like 1

Puffy eyes.  I used to have puffy bags under my eyes that made me look like I hadn't slept in years.

They are mostly gone now and I expect to get better.

It seems the effects of smoking on the eyes are largely overlooked.  The puffy bags under the eyes are pretty much universal with smokers.  In my case, I used to have red and itchy eyes on a fairly regular basis.  I attributed it to allergies and lack of sleep.  Then I quit smoking and the dry, irritated eyes became a thing of the past.  Even in the height of allergy season...no more dry eyes.

The benefits of quitting add up quickly.

• Like 1

As a neat freak I am still loving loving no smell or ashes all over the place. Nina I too have sinus issues which SUCK big time I have had two surgeries and still require nose sprays and decongestant etc, even when I had been two years smoke free I still had sinus problems.

You could just be prone to them I know I am. I have seen pictures of my sinus cavities and they have very little space between them which causes my issues but even my ENT said smoking doesn't help. 

• Like 1