Me Again

Ramona

Hey Guys,

I'm back here under a new name.  I was once known as "Teary Eyed Woman" (TEW).  I now plan to go by "Ramona."

When I left the QT I had thrown away a 15 month quit.  I smoked for a year after that.    

I now have 4 days nic-free and I'm ready to give this another try.  

The past 3 months the butts have been making me really SICK (pukey with no appetite).  I tried to fix my diet and my environment but the "ick" was clearly coming from the nicotine/smoke.  After only 4 days, I already feel better!  Seems my body is forcing me to stop.

Any whos.  I remember a lot of you guys: Babs, Petra, MQ, Bakon, Doreen, Nancy, Sonic, RunFree, Barney, Evelyn, Chrispy, Stuart, Bat, Marti, Joe, Beacon, Action - - the list goes on!!!  I'm real familiar with the names here.  So it feels like coming back to a community.

That's that for now.  Good to be back.  Just experienced a major trigger but holding strong!! 

Anxiety!  Eeeek.  Breathe.

• Like 4

Babs,

Thank you!  Are you still out jogging with those clear, baby-fresh lungs? :D

I've kept up my exercise but it has been rough!!! 

In fact, 2016 was (overall) just a massive challenge.  This year will be better.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Great to see you, Ramona!  We're so happy you are back!

I threw away a 4 year quit once.  I was so angry with myself.  During the two smoking years after my relapse, it took me a few tries to get my solid quit -I'd go a day or two or a week or two smoke free using with gum, lozenges, vaping, & stuff.  It was so frustrating at the time.  Finally, I just decided NO MORE!!!  If want to be a non-smoker, get the stupid nicotine out of your body, and DON'T SMOKE!  

Now here I am.  So happy to be free.  Been through lots and lots of stresses/triggers in the past 3.5 years and though the thought crossed my mind to smoke a couple of times, I will never put another disgusting cigarette to my mouth again.  

You also can hop back on the Quit Train and enjoy the smoke free ride!  The worst days are behind you now.  :)

• Like 1

Welcome back, or in the case of those of us who are relatively new here, nice to meet you.

Quitting and relapsing is a hamster wheel many of us wasted time on.  Then, you make the choice once and for all and take your life back.

Good work hopping back on the Train...enjoy the ride.

• Like 1