Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Really struggling today.......

Featured Replies

I don't know if I can do this.........  

 

I'm not going to smoke.  But my anxiety is off the roof today.

 

I really need words of encouragement.  please.  

 

I hate asking but I have to get through this........

 

People telling me "I don't know how your doing this.  I tried and I couldn't do it".  THIS is what is going through my mind.  Maybe I'm one of those people.  

Yes, you can do this!  Deeo breaths!  Tiff, do anything but smoke!

Tiff.

 

You can absolutely do this.

 

People that I have not seen in years say to me

 

"Wait. Where are your cigarettes? YOU quit? YOU? I thought you would never quit."

 

3 packs a day, thirty years - people found it tough to imagine me without a cigarette.

 

I don't miss it one little bit.

 

You can do this Tiff. Don't be anxious, be happy. You have got this.

No such thing as 'those people' Tiff - we all have the ability to quit smoking and stay quit; there is nothing stopping you from doing it too!

 

You can do it! :good:

 

 

People telling me "I don't know how your doing this.  I tried and I couldn't do it".  THIS is what is going through my mind.  Maybe I'm one of those people.  

 

Those people are obedient addicts.  You have quit smoking.

 

End of discussion, I'd say.

 

Go have some FUN.  Animals don't smoke either.

  • Author

I'm just going to barrel through today, head first, eyes shut.

 

I'm going to do this.

Who are these wise peeps..

Your talking to the wrong people..we say you can..because we have done it...

52 years here TIFF..and I'm telling you..you can..if I did..you can..

You have to believe...when you believe you can...you will..

Hell, if I can do it with overwhelming crappy memories, anxiety attacks, flashbacks, dissociating and not lighting one, or anything else destructive... then SO CAN YOU!!!!

 

Get you act together, lighting one is never an option; it's an excuse.!!!

 

Believing you're not one of those people who can do it... is ONE BIG LIE and an EXCUSE!

Start getting excersise: anxiety is part of too much energy

You didn't read my stop lying to yourself blog did you: I'll post th link with some adjustments

You can do this.  The nicotine is already out of your system and your body is starting to heal.

Of course you can do it.

 

The discomfort..hell yes, crap! However if you just push through, which you are more than capable of, you'll only ever have to do it once.

 

Plus you only have this damm discomfort because you started smoking in the first place..head down, crack on.

Don't listen to the smokers

Even though they are lovely people...they are addicts and can't bear to believe that you have the "willpower" and they don't.  This isn't about will power.  It's about being smarter than your addiction.

Even though they love you...they want you to fail so they say stuff to make you doubt yourself because lets face it....addicts love others to stay addicted with them

 

Stay in your lane.....you got this TIFFANY!!

Can you do this?  Absolutely.

 

And, don't listen to those people.  Most every quitter has to deal with a bit of the crab mentality from those they know that continue to smoke.  Crabs in a barrel will expend more energy pulling escaping crabs back into the barrel than they will in attempting to free themselves.  Any doubts or disbelief others heap on you is not about you, it's about them.  Prove them wrong and set the example.

Maybe I'm one of those people.

 

 

Those people are idiots.

 

They could do it if they wanted to. They just wanted to smoke instead.

 

Don't be like them.

 

 

Easy Peasy

  • Author

I am still quit.  

 

It's been a weird, anxiety filled, non smoking day.

 

There would be times that I would be like "I"M DOING THIS.  YIPPEE !!  I FEEL SO GOOD"  to "OMG, I want a cigarette so freaking bad"  and these thoughts/ emotions would flip in a matter of seconds....... contradicting each other.  And then I would get busy doing something until the next thought of "look at me, I rock !" and then "what the hell am I doing ?" would come again.  

 

I have also realized I use cigarettes as time management.  I have 15 minutes to spare........  I can smoke a cigarette and that'll make the time go by faster.  So I just listened to the radio instead.   

 

I'm trying not to focus too much on this quit.  Just keep enjoying life as it comes.......  

 

Onto day 3 !!!  Thank you everyone for your support.   I did read them.  Repeatedly......  throughout the day.  And it does help.  

Tiff, what you are describing is exactly how it was for me. For most of us. Just when I would feel "I got this!!" ..I would immediately get restless. But as long as you know it's normal...you just accept the roller coaster as is and eventually it does get less and less flip floppish. I promise.

 

Great job on day 2!! Woo hoo!!

All that bullshit goes away if you just hold out long enough.

 

Gone away. Never to come back again.

 

Just keep markin' time ...

 

 

 

Easy Peasy

Tiff.. it's crap in that one minute you think got this...the next you think, crap I haven't.

 

You have if you just accept that those feeling do not last forever...of course, very intense when experiencing them, but they do go.

 

If I had just trusted that they do go, I didn't, I honestly could have cracked it on my first attempt..instead of what felt like the million.

 

Time management...did exactly the same, again that feeling goes too..in time.

 

You can get through any discomfort...as crap as it feels, if you do then you will look back and think thank goodness I did! I do now, repeatedly...so can you.

Rewards are important.  They re-establish pleasure pathways that were gangstered by nicotine.

It's a special time that you get full permission to spoil yourself !

Spend some time daydreaming about wondrous places...beautiful things....special people.

Get yourself on the good foot.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.