You Want To Quit

BAT

Toughest thing about Quitting?

Committing.

Once you do that - it gets easier every day.

C'mon. Commit.

What's the worst thing that could happen?

I agree, thinking about quitting made me more miserable and anxious than actually quitting!

• Like 2

Everything you believed and feared about quitting were all lies. You have been brainwashed.

Education + commitment to NOPE (not one puff ever) every day + support = success.

Everyone is capable of a successful quit. You just have to want it. Make that commitment no matter what

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I never saw this till today BAT, I like it.

To start a quit means throwing the shit sticks away and never smoking another one.

It's called breaking the cycle of addiction.

Last cigarette is the last link in the chain to the next one, and the rest of them.

Break the link, you break the chain, you kill the addiction.

Keeping that quit, that's the rest of the story, the rest of the walk.

Might as well plan on walking for the rest of your life

Enjoy the view, it's lovely!  :)

Well heck yeah,,

I always like your "writings"  wisdom in print,,  and a great inspiration,,,

I sure do like life "smoke free"

and you helped me,,  no doubt  about it !

Thank you Markus,,

• Like 2

mfic, really is nice to see your 4 months. As good as 4 years or 40 years, it's quit.

If we can give someone an ally oops for their slam dunk quit, it's a beautiful thing. Pay it forward as you can helps cement your quit...always someone watching the quit and thinking "I can do that". And they can...like BAT says...the whole QT is there.

This thread has really helped me today. I had four days and slipped last night. I guess I am having a problem with commitment despite saying that I want it more than anything but something is blocking me. I know I'm impulsive, I know I'm an addict (in recovery for alcoholism and bulimia) so I don't know what's holding me back.

I'm back on the train again today and will keep posting daily to hold myself accountable.

I appreciate you all for being here and being supportive and helpful and for leading the way.

• Like 1

Everything you believed and feared about quitting were all lies. You have been brainwashed.

Education + commitment to NOPE (not one puff ever) every day + support = success.

Everyone is capable of a successful quit. You just have to want it. Make that commitment no matter what

Read this one again...