Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Out of the closet (sort of)

Featured Replies

Couple of girls I work with were talking today about how they are going to quit smoking next month.

I chimed in, "I used to smoke too, quit April 2013."

My boss said, "no way, I cannot picture that at all."

 

That was a big step for me!

What a great day for you! Stand tall girl!

O-o-o-o! Such a nice compliment! Congratulations, Ava!

I thought about posting on my Facebook page very recently  - mostly cuz we need more Westerners and most of the peeps I know are in the west.  :) jk

 

Haven't done it yet, but will.  Soon!  I need to do it for others and not worry about what people think of me. 

 

One thing though is that I read some article that said that people form this bad image about you if you smoked - whether you have quit or not.  I shouldn't care about shallow people like that, but I do.  :(

Ava, that's awesome! You rock. :) I've gotten similar responses in the past and they always make me smile. Such a compliment. :D

was hoping for more you tease

About time you came out of the closet.  Now you can drink out of a QuitTrain mug at work!

 

I guess I had no shame because I smoked in places that I shouldn't have and at work was known as always having a cup of coffee in one hand and a smoke in the other.  Now I just have a cup of coffee in one hand which leaves my other hand free to flip people the bird or in rare occasions shake their hand. :good:  

Good for you Ava!! I think you should be very proud and I do believe people like to hear the odd success story too. 

 

Wow Petra, I never gave that a thought, mind you like MQ, everyone knew I was a smoker!

Good for you.  But he's right, I cannot picture you as a smoker, either ;)

Nice one Ava,

Petra I know what you mean, lots of people knew I smoked but some I know on facebook through sons school etc don't know so I don't post it for exactly the same reasons as you, ido believe people still judge even if we have quit, shouldn't worry what people think but suppose we do x

anyone who really knows me....knows that i put it all out there......My smoking history, my weight loss pics......i think owning it is important for accountability.  If you don't admit it happened..you can possibly leaving yourself wide open to go back.  Not that you would....but anyway...be a proud ex-smoker...don't walk around with shame in it.  You don't smoke now...that's what matters.

Plus...there are more people like you than you realize....and your story could possibly inspire someone to quit

That's awesome Jen! I bet that it felt liberating to come out and let it be known, and even more freeing to say that you quit almost 18 months ago! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.