So whatcha doing?

Brioski

Gday

Got the flu. This is day 2. Woke up yesterday uncomfortable to breathe. Bit panicky at first but it settled into a deep cough and a painful sneeze. 
Recon  the old immune system has taken too much of a beating lately. Had the Covid and another cold in the last 4 months. The arthritis is given me hell. My hands will not close my backs stuffed and my anles are sore to walk on. 
It’s early here 28C humid and plenty of thunder and rain. I’ve put on a T shirt shorts and sandles and walked to the end of the street and back in the rain. ( the fur  girl has chickened out and not come with me) 

Feel better for the activity, the cooling rain and thanks for letting me have a grizzle.

regards Chris

IMG_0294.png

• Haha 2

Chris.

Sorry your feelin under.

I would like to find a pharmacy over here that carries that flue relief. Especially if the ingredient that suppresses the whining symtom works, that would benefit me greatly.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, QuittingGirl said:

Well, the test came back positive so I do have it.  For 4 years I didn't get it and now it finally caught up with me!😬 But honestly, it just feels like a very bad cold and the only reason that I thought it might be is because yesterday morning I had a low grade fever so I took the home test.  If I had no fever I wouldn't have even tested or gone to the doctor.  Thankfully my taste and smell are fine for now.  Hopefully it will stay that way.  When you had Covid, how many days did it last before you started to feel better?

My case was pretty mild. I was only feeling the effects for about a week or so and didn't have any real bad symptoms. No fever, no headaches or nausia. I had a runny nose and no taste or small and absolutely NO energy. Had to nao every day for a few hours by early afternoon; and I never nap under normal circumstances.

Symptoms seem to be different for many people though. Hopefully you bounce back fast 🙏

My original Covid rapid test: My wife was away visiting her sister when I came down with it so I sent her this and said: "You might not want to come back home for a while?"  lol

1768703953_CovidTest.jpg.a374f785f5cb333259f392dc9227b7d6.jpg

Edited by Reciprocity
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Reciprocity said:

My case was pretty mild. I was only feeling the effects for about a week or so and didn't have any real bad symptoms. No fever, no headaches or nausia. I had a runny nose and no taste or small and absolutely NO energy. Had to nao every day for a few hours by early afternoon; and I never nap under normal circumstances.

Symptoms seem to be different for many people though. Hopefully you bounce back fast 🙏

My original Covid rapid test: My wife was away visiting her sister when I came down with it so I sent her this and said: "You might not want to come back home for a while?"  lol

1768703953_CovidTest.jpg.a374f785f5cb333259f392dc9227b7d6.jpg

Thanks!  Mine seems to be mild too even though I feel lousy.  It's like a really bad cold. The symptoms are mostly like a head cold although I have lost a little bit of taste and smell.  Hopefully that will come back. The only reason why I even thought it might be Covid is cause Friday I woke up with a low grade fever.  When I took the test, the line on mine was so faint that I had to use a flashlight to see it...LOL!!  So I went to the urgent care and it even came back negative on their rapid test that's why he also did the PCR.   I am tired but I do have some energy.  It's definitely not like the Covid of a few years ago.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!!  It seems to be a mild case, just like a really bad cold.  @DenaliBlues yeah I heard about the bad taste from the Paxlovid.  When my mom had Covid 2 years ago the doc gave her the prescription  and she said it gave her a horrible taste and also terrible diarreah, so she had to stop taking it after 2 days.  My doc, I guess didn't think I needed it and I didn't ask because I didn't want any of those side effects.  I'm hoping this goes away in a couple of days.  I was sick with a cold around New Years and now this. Ugh!!!

• Like 3

@QuittingGirl, I forgot to ask you if you are vaxed or not? With the previous varients of Coviid, they say being vaxed usually helped minimize the severity of Covid, especially for those most at risk of serious health issues.

I think the varient that's going around these days is not as dangerous as the original Covid was. Viruses tend to do that; weaken as more and more varients are produced. Who knows though? I'm not a Dr. or scientist.

I was just curious if you were vaxed or not.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Reciprocity said:

@QuittingGirl, I forgot to ask you if you are vaxed or not? With the previous varients of Coviid, they say being vaxed usually helped minimize the severity of Covid, especially for those most at risk of serious health issues.

I think the varient that's going around these days is not as dangerous as the original Covid was. Viruses tend to do that; weaken as more and more varients are produced. Who knows though? I'm not a Dr. or scientist.

I was just curious if you were vaxed or not.

Yes, I had the first two shots and 1 booster.  I got extremely sick from all 3 shots where I thought I was dying. 102 fever, body aches, chills, nausea, you name it and it lasted for about 3 days with each shot.  It was a nightmare! This actual Covid is a walk in the park compared to the shots.  So I will never take another Covid shot again.  Did you take the shots?

Gday 

Definitly better today. Can’t believe it it’s the middle of a hot steamy summer and I’ve got the flu. Had Covid and 2 bouts of flu in a period of 4 months. Is it me? In the past I’ve always shrugged off most bugs! But not lately. 
Feely a bit old and tired and over being sick.

I’m back off to sleep, the faithfull fur hound asleep beside the bed. Hope I feel better  when I wake.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, QuittingGirl said:

Yes, I had the first two shots and 1 booster.  I got extremely sick from all 3 shots where I thought I was dying. 102 fever, body aches, chills, nausea, you name it and it lasted for about 3 days with each shot.  It was a nightmare! This actual Covid is a walk in the park compared to the shots.  So I will never take another Covid shot again.  Did you take the shots?

Oh my! That's terrible!! I've had a bunch of shots, probably 5 or 6 maybe? They've all been Pfizer and I had zero issues. If I had the reactions you've had, I wouldn't go near another shot either.

Some people I know took the Moderna shots had bad reactions to them. Not sure if that was wide spread or just my experience.

9 hours ago, Cbdave said:

Gday 

Definitly better today. Can’t believe it it’s the middle of a hot steamy summer and I’ve got the flu. Had Covid and 2 bouts of flu in a period of 4 months. Is it me? In the past I’ve always shrugged off most bugs! But not lately. 

I’m back off to sleep, the faithfull fur hound asleep beside the bed. Hope I feel better  when I wake.

Aww get well soon buddy xx

I hope that you are feeling better @Cbdave! I’ve always been told that summer strains of the flu and pneumonia are stronger than those contracted during the winter months. I don’t know if it’s scientifically proven or not. Keep getting those fluids down even if you’ve started feeling better. 

Edited by Gus
Misspelling
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Cbdave said:

Gday 

Wow that sucks! Sorry to hear that Dave and I hope you feel better soon!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Reciprocity said:

Oh my! That's terrible!! I've had a bunch of shots, probably 5 or 6 maybe? They've all been Pfizer and I had zero issues. If I had the reactions you've had, I wouldn't go near another shot either.

Some people I know took the Moderna shots had bad reactions to them. Not sure if that was wide spread or just my experience.

At this point I don't even think a person really needs a shot because Covid is like a cold.  Unless the person is immune compromised or has an underlying condition.  Mine was Pfizer too.  A few people that I know had a bad reaction but nothing like what I had.  I literally thought I was dying that's how bad it was.😬

• Sad 2

40 minutes ago, QuittingGirl said:

At this point I don't even think a person really needs a shot because Covid is like a cold.  Unless the person is immune compromised or has an underlying condition.  Mine was Pfizer too.  A few people that I know had a bad reaction but nothing like what I had.  I literally thought I was dying that's how bad it was.😬

I think you're right about Covid being less of a threat nowadays than it was a few years ago. These days RSV is the deep lung virus that scares me the most. I've know a couple of people who've had it and it's really nasty!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Reciprocity said:

I think you're right about Covid being less of a threat nowadays than it was a few years ago. These days RSV is the deep lung virus that scares me the most. I've know a couple of people who've had it and it's really nasty!!

I also heard about that RSV and how it's really bad.  I am afraid to take that vaccine because who knows what kind of reaction I would get! It might even be worse than the Covid shot...Yikes!!!   I do take the flu shot though, as I don't ever have a reaction with that one, except sometimes a get a little bit of a sore arm which is easy to deal with.

• Like 1

I had three Moderna shots but after Paxlovid came out felt that there was no need to take anymore shots. Plus it morphs so much that by the time a new vaccine comes out there is a completely different variant 😞 

I just wonder how come in all my 59 years I was never told about RSV and the need to get vaccinated until this last year or two? :35_thinking:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jillar said:

I had three Moderna shots but after Paxlovid came out felt that there was no need to take anymore shots. Plus it morphs so much that by the time a new vaccine comes out there is a completely different variant 😞 

I just wonder how come in all my 59 years I was never told about RSV and the need to get vaccinated until this last year or two? :35_thinking:

Exactly what i was thinking as well ... what the hell is RSV and where did it suddenly come from? I'd never heard of it until 6-12 months ago then suddenly, it's the new plague 🤒

I got a pile of vaccinations last fall ... the super-dose Flu shot, another Covid shot, the pneumococcal vaccine and, two shots for shingles ( I thought those things were just on my roof??). I felt like a pin cushion. Thought I'd start leaking with all the holes they put in me!

I didn't get the RSV vaccine bacause they wanted like $350.00 for it 😱 Mind you, if I were gasping for air laying in a hospital bed I suppose that cost would seem trivial?

• Like 1