Country music makes my ears bleed

bakon

I tried all day in car. I like knowing the lyrics. I like the boots. The hats. Hot chicks. Beer drinking redneck stuff is perfect. Good beat. But put it all together and still not rock.

They play it at gym. Owner says classic rock is druggy music. He must have got picked on in high school and spent to much time in his garage lifting weights. Seriously there was no country music in Pittsburgh back in 1980's. So I know he got picked on by rock crowd.

So anyways I like knowing lyrics to songs. And country is easy to figure out words. But it I so simple my brain quit. It refuses to participate so just the ears are playing. They are bleeding. "I got my chain saw ah aha ah. Sitting on a stump". I give up. I gave it all day and can't do it anymore.

• Like 3

Next song is a re-make of an old one. I know this beat and words are only slightly different.

It's the rain song. Windshield wipers song from 1980's. What was that song wipers go flip flap wash back something something.

Not even an original beat. This is rap for idiots

C

Kenny chesney. Called rock n roll kids. Now that is ironic. Stole a country song, sang it country, put rock in title. Need to tie a big rock around his neck, put him in his truck, run it off the bridge in the rain.

• Like 1

I love Country...I used to love rock, now it's all Country. I'm in Ohio and this weekend is a big Country Concert. It starts tonight for 3 days.  Big name stars like Montgomery Gentry, Luke Bryan, and many more. 

• Like 1

I love Country...I used to love rock, now it's all Country. I'm in Ohio and this weekend is a big Country Concert. It starts tonight for 3 days.  Big name stars like Montgomery Gentry, Luke Bryan, and many more.

Hello Suzy Q... Nice to meet you (your name reminds me of the CCW song lol)

• Like 2

I don't like the country music they play today.  However, I'm a big Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and Kris Krissstopherson fan. (not sure how to spell Kris last name)   Guy Clark and Towne Vanzandt as well as Steve Earl.  I do prefer Rock but country can be good by a campfire drinking beer.   

• Like 2

There will never be another even close to Cash.  I actually cried when he died.  That man's music and unmistakable voice has seen me through some of my worst times and been with me through the best of times.   He's country.  Willie, Waylon, Kris are all country.  The group they formed can never be duplicated.  "The Highway Men"...what can I say?  I'm glad this larger than life talent came together and made this music.

The country music of today is more like pop music because they gave up their humble beginnings starting with the Carter family to become more mainstream.  What they failed to foresee is that had they remained true to their roots, they would be mainstream today and not having to compete with the flavor of the week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyyTO-vU6i0

• 4 weeks later...