So I went ballistic last evening; new plan

Evelyn

Ran outta house to the store for cigs.

I smoked again a few and so I made new plan;

I'll nicotine gum whenever I wanna rob the store

Rather this way then blow my quit everythime. 

The panick just overwhelms me too much, as I already have panick attacks

So I need some extra help rather do it right then not at all!!!!!

• Like 1

Evelyn, 

I can't speak for any NRT methods.  However I used (and still am using) Zyban (aka Wellbutrin) to help with my quit.  You would have to talk to your doctor about getting a prescription, but it may be an option.  I truly believe that it has helped tremendously with the physical part of quitting.  I still have to battle the mental part of it but I believe it has helped.  It may not be the best option if you suffer from panick attacks but it wouldn't hurt to discuss it with your doctor.  

Posted Yesterday, 03:23 PM

Choking to death is more to fear then not smoking. I've seen my dad choke in a bloodclod after being diagnosed with lungcancer. He screamed for his mama. I myself have asthma and confront the fears of not smoking, the withdrawls rather then dying the same way my parents did.

These were your words my lovely friend, for my Mum yesterday...I KNOW you can do this.  I have suffered depression and anxiety and suffered the loss of wonderful people who I still don't convincingly know how I'm supposed to live without.  But this I know, smoking kills people, it takes us away from those we love, and you are as strong as you choose to be in this battle.  I saw you drop down at a massive rate with the NRT. Maybe go back on the smallest patch, you may use it as a crutch. But please please see the love this is sent with and stop giving yourself "excuses" to relapse. You deserve more for yourself, I want more for you!! xx

I know. I'll make it

I believe in you too.

I used NRT and it can be useful for folk, like me, who lack belief in myself. It gave me chance to deal with the addiction in manageable stages, first the actual cigarettes and then the nicotine. You do whatever you need to do, your quit, do anything you need to but just don't smoke....avday at a time. It soon mounts up Evelyn...my days total to nearly 10 months now. I was exactly like you....and evenn if your scared please just face the fear and do it anyway...you'll be so glad you did.

• Like 1

Ran outta house to the store for cigs.

I smoked again a few and so I made new plan;

I'll nicotine gum whenever I wanna rob the store

Rather this way then blow my quit everythime. 

The panick just overwhelms me too much, as I already have panick attacks

So I need some extra help rather do it right then not at all!!!!!

I found these videos extremely helpful the first two weeks of my quit. Daily Quitting Lesson Guide

TN_starting_your_quit.gif
TN_day_one.gif
TN_day_two.gif TN_day_three.gif TN_day_four.gif TN_day_five.gif TN_day_six.gif
TN_week_two.gif

Link to YouTube Featured Playlists for all of Joel Spitzer's Stop Smoking Videos

I watched these like crazy, educating myself on the nature of addiction, how nicotine works on the body, and how deep breathing can help alleviate the craving. I too have had panic attacks in the past; panic for me is fear, and if you look at how your body reacts in a panic mode, it is ALL about breathing. Fear is shallow rapid breathing, resulting in lack of oxygen and some other chemical stuff I can't explain! lol. But, I found that I was able to alleviate most of my panic attacks by deep breathing exercises and talking to others so they could tell me I was full of crap about my fears, usually. And, that I wasn't alone. . .you're not, either, Evelyn.

• Like 2

•  evelyn  dont give up you can do this i know it seams hard right now the first 2 weeks are the hardest   but it will get easyer  time will drag by at first but then it will fly by and next thing you know it been a year  so keep going we got your back   post an sos if you need help  wish i was here more   ((((((evelyn))))))  your friends  know you can  make   it :D 

• Like 1

Nope. Not hard. I'll be the guy who won't let this slide. You want help quiting you can't light another one. Doesn't work that way. Go ahead with any method but all require no lighter

• Like 1