God Morning

Kris

Dear God.

Please be with us as we struggle to stay quit today.  Today is my 9th day and for some reason up I woke with a terrible craving.  Been doing okay but I think the mornings are the worse.  When you have smoked as long as I have it is the first thing I would do when I got up. Does anyone else feel the torture in the morning?

I know God that you have the power to heal all things.  please be with ALL of us today!!

K

• Like 3

Mornings were the worst for me too. Some mornings I just stayed in bed weeping under the covers. Stuff of nightmares. Although God has the power to see us through we still have to go through it. So I ask for comfort and peace and strength. It’s hard filling the morning with worthwhile activities. So much of it in the past was spent smoking. 😞

• Like 1

Yup! Mornings can be bad.  I looked forward to that first cigarette of the day, with a nice cup of fresh brewed coffee.  Change up your routine! Figure out a new way to start your day. I started grinding my own coffee beans each morning, making the new ritual all about that first cup of coffee. Afterwards, I do my first exercise routine.

• Like 3

As Addict,s we all waited for that first one of the day ..to get our Nicotine levels up again ..

For me ....I changed my whole Mornings ....No coffee,....Shower first ....came here ....

Before long your body will get used to the new you 🙂....

• Like 3

Katgirl

I know I have to find something to distract me in the morning.  I don't drink coffee, a diet coke girl here. Okay so don't laugh, I hope you have seen the commercial for Cheetos with Ashton Kutcher.  Yes, that is what I do in morning now, grab a diet coke and a little bowl of C.heetos.  I have to stop doing that before I start to gain weight, also my keyboard is turning orange LOL. God came thru this morning and made the craves let up.  I was surfing the wave this morning but  the shark did not catch me.

k

• Like 3

Doreen,

thanks for the reply, I am working on it.  I am so bad right now I don't have the strength to shower or cook in the morning. I wish I could still work because I would have somewhere to get up and go to. Also working gives us social connection to others, but I am stuck here alone with my dogs (thank God for them) and it drives me crazy to be alone.

K

• Like 3

Yup! Mornings can be bad.  I looked forward to that first cigarette of the day, with a nice cup of fresh brewed coffee.  Change up your routine! Figure out a new way to start your day. I started grinding my own coffee beans each morning, making the new ritual all about that first cup of coffee. Afterwards, I do my first exercise routine.

I am alone most of the time, too, though not right now, since we are on vacation and traveling. I found that hanging around this forum helped tremendously. Staying connected with people who have the same struggles helps a lot! Stay close to the group here….

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kris said:

little bowl of C.heetos

Oh My Gosh.  I got so addicted to Cheetos when I quit smoking.  The weird this was that I am not a cheese lover; let alone processed cheese.  All my friends would tease me about my orange fingers.  Happy to say, I did get over it and haven't had one since.  

Kris, do what it takes to get you through.  I promise with every day it will get better and not smoking will become your normal. 

• Like 3

Almost all of us felt that way @Kris. That first cig (or five) in the morning started our day so now we have to find another way. For me that was logging on to my support forum every morning first thing. Kept my mind busy reading all the new posts from everyone while I was sleeping. Stick close, post often just like you're doing and I promise you it will get better with time quit :) 

• Like 2

After a couple of weeks of wandering aimlessly in the mornings (like that one morning when I forgot to put on my pants), I changed my morning routine completely.  Made up a new plan, a regimented plan, and followed that plan down to a T.

Replacing my morning nicotine binge with a workout regimen didn't feel natural at first, but was undeniably a change for the better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Kris said:

Okay Boo, this was the first time I have belly laughed since I started the quit.

I sure hope you realized they were missing before you left the house.

Just in the nick of time.  

Sat down, started putting on my shoes, had that feeling that something was missing...pants!  I'm not wearing any pants.

The brain fog was thick that morning.

• Haha 3

You may have just saved many people from public humiliation and/or arrest.  I

don't think that the police would accept your excuse for being without your pants.

Just to be safe I may hang a pair on the coat closet door.  You learn so much from the internet!

K

• Haha 2