Hi new here and not doing well

Dianne

• 2 weeks later...

@Dianne, it might be worth remembering that yours was the very first thread I read, when I found the site. In the beginning, I was sure you weren’t going to succeed. But, then I read your latest posts, and saw that you were hanging in there. At the time, I said to myself, if this woman can stay away from cigarettes, so can I. I look to you for my own strength. I think we should all remember that we are examples to other newbies, and take responsibility for that fact. Ideally, we want others to succeed in their quits. If we give in, they might get discouraged, too. So, stay strong, so those of us with less time than you, can continue to follow your lead, and keep our quits intact.

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Day 139 (I think) Still on the quit train. After literally a 3 month wait....should still be waiting another 2 weeks but they had a cancellation last week I finally got to see the oral surgeon and get these wisdom teeth plus 2 others pulled. Been a rather painful week. Am so thankful I finally got in. 3 months when you hurting a long time to hurt. Been a bit since I have been here. Just stopping in to say I still on the train and hanging in there :) and yay Ibuprofen my friend! ;) 

• Like 6

Hey you look at what you have done already !

Generally, nicotine will leaves your blood within 1 to 3 days after you stop using tobacco, and cotinine will be gone after 1 to 10 days. Neither nicotine nor cotinine will be detectable in your urine after 3 to 4 days of stopping tobacco products.

You can say I AM NICOTINE AND COTININE FREE !

Edited by Opah
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Just popping in to say I still on the quit train. Guess I at about the 9 month mark now. I can see why people encouraged to make a one year commitment to being on the train here. You may think you doing good (and if you on the quit train you ARE) but getting through the holidays is a challenge and though all the moments of life a year can send your way :) If you lurking and thinking on it....you can do this...absolutely a 100% you can do this. I hope you do and chose something good for yourself. You do deserve it! And all those on the train I hope you have a beautiful peaceful New Year. Thank you for your shared stories that helped/help me and so many others!

• Like 10

Ahhh, Dianne. My first hero here. I knew that if you could hang in, so could I. Stick around! Play our silly games! Continue to share your journey. You are an inspiration…

Kat

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Popping in to say hi :) and share

I was headed into the grocery store today. There a guy standing by the doors with a unlit cigarette. He asked the guy ahead of me if he had a lighter. He did not, so I thought I would spare him asking me. When I got close to him I said sorry I too do not have a lighter. He said  oh, I was not going to ask you I already knew you wouldn't. hehehe I cannot tell you how that made me smile....Happy New Year to all those riding train (I know I a bit late in wishing that here) in April it will be 2 years for me. I so grateful for finding this site and those on it. I so grateful to be a non-smoker. To those thinking of getting on the train...DO IT...life as a non-smoker is so much better. Do not hesitate...just do it...the quicker you do it...the quicker you come on out onto the other side of it all :) Hope everyone has a blessed day!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1