Hello, New to forum

Hello everyone! As you can tell, I am new to this site and yet so glad to have found it. I have smoked for many years. I had some test ran last month and they found 3 spots in my left lung. Not sure if it is cancer or not, have more test next week. However, hopefully it is nothing serious but either way, it is time for me to quit smoking. I have been sick of smoking for some time now anyway. I called my regular MD and he is sending me a prescription for some pathes to the drug store this afternoon. My quit day is tomorrow. I plan on thoroughly reading this site  in all aspects because I am serious like never before and education never hurts. Thank you for letting me join and thank you in advance for and help and or tips.

• Like 7

Welcome aboard Rene and congratulations on taking back your life. Yes, read, read, read. We have so much great information to help you beat this addiction. I had never been a part of any forum before I quit smoking and I'm convinced I wouldn't have succeeded without the support of my fellow quitters. I want that for you too. No one knows better than us what you go through when quitting so there's no better place to be than here. Stick close, check out all our different forums. There's lots to do here from educating yourself to celebrating milestones to socializing to keep your mind off the constant thoughts of smoking.

• Like 5

Hi and Welcome Rene ....

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this Health Concern ...

Yes ...Quitting now is the right thing to do ...our bodies are amazing ,and it's surprising how we heal once we quit for good .

There is so much great information here ....The main board has green pinned posts .a. great place to start .

Watch all Joel's video,s....they cover most of your fears ...

Why wait till tomorrow....putting more nicotine in ...when you need to quit ....just jump on ....

• Like 5

Welcome Rene,

You have just made probably one of the best decisions of your life when you decided to quit smoking. Joining this site is probably the second best thing you did when you chose to quit smoking. There is so much support and helpful information here to help you with your quest to abolish the nicotine demon. So, don't be afraid to ask questions or ask for health in any situation. I have recently quit and the support from this site is what I needed stay the true course. For that I am internally grateful. Always remember that you are stronger and more resilient than you think.

• Like 5

Welcome, Rene and congratulations on your excellent decision to quit smoking.

Please avail yourself to our libraries and educate yourself about your nicotine addiction, our nicotine addiction.

This thread may help is assisting you to build a successful quit

10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum To Stop Using Nicotine

• Like 5

Welcome aboard the Quit Train Rene.  Good call on giving up the smokes.

2 hours ago, WalkAwayRene said:

I plan on thoroughly reading this site  in all aspects because I am serious like never before and education never hurts.

Education about the realities of nicotine addiction allow us to replace the myths and lies we chose to believe with the truth.  And the truth will set you free.

Enjoy the ride.

• Like 4

Hi Rene.

Welcome to the Train, where you will find loads of support and can arm yourself with a wealth of information to help you quit smoking and stay quit. Sorry to hear about your lung situation. Eliminating the smoking will benefit your healing, and taking action to support your health helps to beat down the anxiety.

Please watch Joel Spitzer's videos.  They are extremely educational. Knowledge is power, and actively educating yourself while quitting really does help to focus the mind when you are withdrawing.

You can do this! 

• Like 2