New to site

Mac#23

Hello everyone, I decided 4 days ago to take the idea of quitting smoking seriously and quit cold turkey. It only took a chest infection due to covid 19 to finally push me over the edge. I had a couple tough cravings today but I worked through them. I was searching the internet for some kind of support system when I came across this site. I decided to join and get the help I believe that I will need to continue strongly.

• Like 11

Welcome aboard Mac and congratulations on your 4 days quit. How scary that must have been to have covid, I hope you're feeling much better now.

We have a new forum dedicated to covid and smoking so be sure to check it out. You'll get amazing support here to help you through your journey to freedom so stay close. We have lots of forums to keep you busy from educating yourself to socializing so plenty to do here 

Also if you get a chance, we have an introductions forum where you can introduce yourself to everyone 

• Like 6

G'day @Mac#23 and welcome. Biggest tip I have to offer any newbie is to just take it one day at a time...only focus on a single day...being 4 days in you know you can do 24 hours, you have already done it 3 times. Oh and don't worry about what others are doing with their quit, every quit us different so just do you.

• Like 6

Welcome, Mac!  Glad you're here and on the mend ,and great job turning a scary illness into a life-saving wake-up call.  Big congratulations on 4 days down and just keep moving forward through all the up and down and sideways days to come.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mac#23 said:

Hello everyone, I decided 4 days ago to take the idea of quitting smoking seriously and quit cold turkey. It only took a chest infection due to covid 19 to finally push me over the edge. I had a couple tough cravings today but I worked through them. I was searching the internet for some kind of support system when I came across this site. I decided to join and get the help I believe that I will need to continue strongly.

Here you are !  Lovely.  Congratulations on your quit !

Your lungs are starting their repair, the repair that is possible now that you have quit smoking.

Your improved blood flow with bring needed Oxygen and help with your healing.

Here is what starts to  happen after you quit smoking

495229282_What-Happens-to-Your-Body-When-You-Stop-Smoking-Infographic-by-Quit-With-Nerd1.thumb.jpg.1717abd1328f0b98b02748be04eb8f4f.jpg

I am going to post this again here, in case there are other eyes out there/in here

10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum To Quit Using Nicotine

Again, congratulations on your quit !

• Like 3

Welcome aboard ....

Glad to hear you are in the mend from this scarey virus ....

Your lungs will thank you for making the great decision to quit ....

We have tons of information here...to help you along ....

Check the Main Smoking board and read all the green pinned posts, watch all Joel's videos.....

Stay close ....

• Like 2

Welcome Matt23.  This is the right place for support.  We are here to guide you on this journey.  Over the years, I had tried many attempts and ways to quit smoking and was never successful until I landed here.  Stay close to the forum and educate yourself.  I loved reading the blogs.  Play some games and get to know us.  So glad you made it through this virus and it opened you eyes to what is import.  You can do this!

• Like 3

I would like to thank you all for the kindness.  I believe just from some of your posts so far I am extremely confident in this healthy endeavor I have embarked on. So Thanks again

• Like 3

Great job Mac!  You're now nearly a week into this.  That's something in which you should take great pride.  Keep doing this one day at a time and before you know it you'll be years removed from the shackles of this killer addiction.  

• Like 3