Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hello!

Featured Replies

I’m introducing myself-

im new around here and happy to have finally found a forum/community to support my quit.

i was successful 5 years ago when I quit and used a forum online- 2 years later my success ended shortly after I stopped using my online support community.

its time for me to do this again, and I hope to gather support and support others here. Thanks for having me.

Again welcome on the forum! Congratulations on deciding to choose freedom! The best gift you can give yourself is this quit. :)

  • Author

I’m so happy to be here- I learned through this journey that the not one more puff ever motto has to be lived by no matter how long I’m quit. Life will be stressful but I can do this. I have to do this. Thanks for the support 😘😘

Welcome to Quit Train Steph! You have found what is in my opinion the best support site for quitting smoking. It can be a rough ride at times so it helps so much to be able to talk with other quitters who really "get it". We have a NOPE page here dedicated to pledging your commitment to not take even one puff on a daily basis.There is also a wealth of information in print and videos here to help inform you about nicotine addiction so please use those resources. Knowledge is power and we have a wealth of knowledge here :) 

1 hour ago, Steph2019 said:

 

im new around here and happy to have finally found a forum/community to support my quit.

i was successful 5 years ago when I quit and used a forum online- 2 years later my success ended shortly after I stopped using my online support community.

 

 

Welcome, Steph,

 

You have found a great community of Smoke Free/Nicotine Free people.

 

Throwing away a five year quit is serious. 

 

Your quit must be independent from everything, it must stand apart, as Cristóbal points out in this thread,

You--->Your Quit--->Your Life

 

and depending on an internet site has it's dangers as Joel Spitzer addresses,

The Danger of Using Internet Quit Sites As A Crutch To Quit Smoking

 

We are here to support, advise and point you to resources if we can (also,  to have a bit of fun along the way)

but,

your quit should not be dependent on us.

 

Your quit needs to be all about YOU, all the way, 

 

You and your commitment to NOPE (Not One Puff Ever)

 

 

Here is another thread you may find helpful

10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum To Help Yourself Quit Smoking

 

Congratulations on quitting smoking today, Steph.

You can build yourself a sound and sturdy quit.

S

Welcome Steph ....

Learn by this .... so it won't happen again ...getting complacent.....as addicts this what we all have to be aware of 

Stay close ...read ,refresh your memory ....

You can do it !!

Welcome aboard, Steph.  I'm sorry to hear about your relapse but am glad you are quitting again.

 

Stick around - there is a lot of support and knowledge you can gain here.

 

It is great to have you here.

Welcome aboard Steph.  Quitting smoking is one of the best things you will ever do for yourself.

 

7 hours ago, Steph2019 said:

Thanks for having me.

 

Thanks for being here.  Enjoy the ride.

Welcome aboard the QTrain, Steph2019! Buckle in and enjoy the ride...😎

Welcome Steph.  I found this forum to be a wonderful support for my quit.  After 42 years of many attempted quits, this place helped me realize that I had the power to do it.

Stay close and shout out when you need us, we are here to help you through this journey!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.