smoking partners

mightyboosh

Anyone else live in a house of smokers? 

I get them for Mrs boosh and am often with her when she's smoking merrily away. It doesn't make the quit harder because I took the view that I will find myself in lots of smoky situations and it's simply not feasible to avoid them all, I'd be running forever. No, I want to laugh in the face of a ciggy box with no temptation to have one. I'm winning.

• Like 10

Mighty One, 

YES ! You ARE winning.

Your quit is ALL about YOU and your nicotine addiction.

Everybody else is secondary, every THING else is secondary.

You Quit Smoking !  You are a FREE person.

Our friend, Joel, has a good video about living with smokers

How Can I Quit If I Live With A Smoker

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One Thousand Pounds of Respect my friend!!!!!

You're absolutely correct, you can not avoid all of them smokers and sooner or later you are gonna have to deal with that!! I'm proud of you my friend!!! Keep up the Quit!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Definite respect mightyboosh -- must be trying on you but you are doing well.  And no when I quit I was the only smoker in the house (grandchildren were thrilled)!!!

Edited by Martian5
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sort of..... My hubby smokes at work, he never smokes in the house or outside our home. I don't know how he does it, but he can go without fine,  evenings and weekends when at home, or if we are away for a week! so why cant he stop all the time ....grrrrrrrrrrr

• Like 3

My in-laws live above us, and they both smoke. My mother-in-law and I were smoking buddies, so I had to avoid her like the plague when I first quit. The hardest thing for me has been seeing their packs of smokes laying around. (I used to smoke the same brand and would bum one from them occasionally.) I feel a tiny twinge every time I see an open pack on the table. It's getting easier to resist over time, though. And I absolutely refuse to buy for them. It would be way too tempting for me. But I don't give them crap about continuing to smoke. (I let my husband do that!) I know when I was smoking that if anyone gave me a hard time about it, it just made me want to smoke more. I keep hoping my in-laws will quit, but at this point I don't think it's ever gonna happen.

• Like 3