Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Again......

Featured Replies

I Have been here before but I failed . no excuses no blame . Period. I failed . So today at noon I put on a patch and here I am . this is going to be the one that sticks , even though I failed I come here every day and read, not exactly sure why but I feel this is really the one , I realize I haven't even made it a day but I am so sick of smoking I could puke . so here we go! 

Welcome back Parsley.

 

Plenty of us here are on a repeat quit so your in great company. I think being sick of smoking is a good place to be at. So you have a plan moving forward (patches) and all the knowledge you have read on here while you have been getting ready for your sticky quit. You have the lessons you learnt last time. So step one, go write your own SOS response in the SOS threads. It helps you as being a reminder of why you need to stay smoke free and it helps us just in case down the track you post an SOS.. we know how you would respond to yourself so we know how best to respond to you also...keep your blood sugar up (Sazerac is the expert on this but there are some threads about it in the general smoking section) because it makes it easier. The main thing, take it one day at a time. Just focus on staying smoke free for the day.

 

Doing a daily NOPE pledge helps, but there are some people who it doesn't work for. I pledge NOPE because it means I have publicly committed to not smoking, when I pledge NOPE its just for the day... because I am very much still just focusing on one day at a time.

 

 

  • Author

Thanks guys! Have my cranberry juice, popcorn etc. I will do my SOS, sleep in tomorrow..patch, water, I am SICK of smoking! I really am. Done!

Parsley !

Today is your first day of Freedom !

This is awesome !

Tomorrow is another day of Freedom.

You will succeed, there is not one reason in the world stopping you.

Be extra kind to yourself.  Sleep in and have good good dreams.

Stay close to the board,  we will be thinking about you.

Love,

S

  • Author

Awww.....thank you! I want this so much ! I will be here !

 

Good for you, Parsley! Stick close to the QTrain forums and read, read, read and really educate yourself about the nicotine addiction. One day at a time....?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Author

Carp ! Wear patch to bed or no?

Sorry not sure on that, I used gum... but maybe use the patch, it would be easier to get to sleep and make that morning crave less severe... however on the other side of the argument you don't normally smoke while you sleep so it might be best to give your body a rest.

Follow the instructions... But...if you can sleep without it...even better..after all you didn't smoke while you slept...sometimes you can have too much nicotine..

My advice..listen to your own body..we are all different....

Glad your here...you can do it 

14 hours ago, Parsley said:

I Have been here before but I failed . no excuses no blame . Period. I failed . 

 

Mistakes were made.  Lessons were learned.  And now we move on.

 

Yesterday's failures are in the rearview.  Success is straight ahead.

 

Drive on Parsley.

Welcome back, Parsley.  As everyone said, take it one day at a time.  Commit daily to not take another puff (or NOPE - not one puff ever) and you will have this.

  • Author

Thanks all for the responses and support! Closing in on day 2!

Busy...sunflower seeds, water, and cranberry juice. Having coffee now, yes a trigger but it's over. Didn't sleep with patch on, slept in a bit, put on patch..

  • Author

Little rough this evening , but I went and took a nice long bubble bath something I never do because oh geez that would cut into my smoking time! 

Parsley, I am a newbie too.  Don't just watch the videos but read the posts and blogs.  Everyone here has felt like you. Though this is a difficult journey, I feel a comfort and peace here.  I know this group will be here for my ups and down and even if I fail, they will pick me up again and lead me on.  I will be there rooting for you too! 

Stand your ground Parsley.

You don't smoke anymore.

Keep educating yourself

and stick to NOPE.  Stick like glue.

s

  • Author

Feel like crap physically...pretty good mentally. Mental crazies first hour after getting up. But at work for a few hours, doing ok. Different not smoking on my way to work....day 3 

1 hour ago, Parsley said:

Different not smoking on my way to work....day 3 

Woo Hoo!  Three days is great.  I found deep breaths helped so much.  That deep breath starts to feel so good without all the crap going in. You got this going - keep going!

 

  • Author

Day not bad at all though the morning was hell . Went to lunch with a friend , on foot no smokes . Very busy afternoon at work but don't take smoke breaks never have . Doing fine tonight still have on my patch , have had two pieces of gum today but I don't really like it so that's all . I guess I'm really pleased with the way it's going so far hopefully tomorrow morning will be better though 

Edited by Parsley
Wrong word

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Parsley! I remember you from early in my own quit attempt. I'm glad you came back here for support.That and knowledge about this addiction is critical to breaking free forever from the slavery to this addiction! We all make the choice to smoke or to quit. I'm happy to see you are making the choice to quit :)  Make this your forever quit :) 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.