Try Qi Gong !!!!

Find a  beginner class on You Tube....it's been a life saver for me...so relaxing and calms the mind....it does deep breathing too...

I do it every morning ...it's a great way to start the day....trust me !!!

• Like 2
  • Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is what would have been given to me, had I decided two days ago to smoke just one...   ■ my cough in the morning ■ my smelly hair ■ my smelly fingers after smoking ■ my c

I went away this weekend, with friends. We had laughs, good talks, great hikes, everything was there. And I had literally zero thoughts of smoking. Jup. Just like that. 😊 I am exited about being sm

Having a little halleluja moment here! ? Came home from Spain, glad to be back. I started unpacking,  doing laundry, groceries, cat cuddling and then suddenly I realised I didn't think of smoking

Posted Images

Ok, last post before I turn off everything that blinds me with evil sleepless blue light. I just had a good walk with my best friend. There was crying, talking, sentiment, mud and a beautiful sky. Man, what a proces. Quitting smoking.

I have some things planned for the weekend. Finding out about Qi Gong       (@Doreensfree), arranging some natural air freshener for in my car and make a reservation schedule for the next half year, with people who own bathtubs ?

And now off to an hour screenless sleep-preparation. Which I don't worry about. AT ALL. 

Edited by My life, my recovery
  • Like 4

May you have the sweetest of dreams, life.

Talks with best friend are a balm, we are lucky with our friends.

This last full moon was a doozie...Mercury still pulsating in the sky here.

I saw a bat last night :-)

I have a bathtub in my courtyard,

it is a great place to see the sky.

Have a good rest.

Ditching the screens will take a few days to adjust but, it will really make your REM's better.

Take your  melatonin (which I just discovered may be useful for the side effects of quitting smoking )

and lay down with a peaceful smile on your face.

S

• Like 2

I lost my sleep too...but like you I was told to work through it,all is temporary... And it was....

Keep fighting...hope Qi Gong helps too...before that..I had a punching pillow....lol...one extreme to the other....

Emotions are all over the place for a little while..but the reward is so worth it...

Trying to stay positive, but today that's a bit too hard. Main goal is to survive this day in one piece I guess. One non-smoking piece, that is. I feel sad, unstable, foggy. Bleghh. I look forward to tonight, I'll be having dinner with a friend. Pancakes, let the comfortfood come my way please. I don't want no cucumber carrots and tomatoes anymore. :117_eyes:  

• Like 3

Hi all, meet Chamele,  my weird looking, big-eyed, somewhat scared baby quit. It's exactly one week old. I nurture it , raise it and now and then I spoil it. I'm afraid he's a bit unworldly and foggy sometimes. He might even scream for no apparant reason. There's no need to hide from him, he's not dangerous. He seems alert, afraid even. He has this cool habit of changing colours, lately he chooses different clothing every few minutes. It suits him for now. They say he will ease out when he grows up. I love him anyway. 

cute-baby-animals-12.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

One week already! Congratulations MLMR!! Blow up some balloons and get this party started!! 

Make sure to reward yourself and get that proud, fire in your belly feeling that You! Are! Doing! It! 

(You should probably keep him off the pink sparkle glitter balloons...it'll confuse the heck outta the little guy)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Help! It's 2:15 am and I have been awake since 11 already. ?

I know I shouldnt worry but it worries me so much anyway. I try to do deep breathing but when I start, I feel panic coming up so I go back to shallow breathing again immediately, I can't push through. Since four days I have this cramp in my neck/back, I think I am too tense about not sleeping, when I go to bed. It's the wellknown circle. I just can't have this, so afraid that the sleeplessness will trigger old things. I really want to believe that it's temporarily. Im still pretty sane, but when this continues I'm not sure how to handle. Smoking is not an option,  no way. I'm not worried about that. When I come home from work I don't have enough energy yet to do things like Qi Gong or making my bedroom a sleeping walhalla or even buying things like milk,  sleeping tea etc. I figure that I need to do these things next weekend. 

Sorry but...for now it's just like this: ?

• Like 2

The insomnia thing sucks my life but it's only temporary so try to keep that in mind. Have you tried putting on a boring tv show? That helps sometimes if you dont want to try an OTC sleep aid.

I'm glad that smoking isn't a concern for you, progress is awesome isn't it :)

• Like 2

Yes I tell that myself the whole time. It wont last forever, it's only temporary. It scares me that it's only been like this for four days and already has such an impact. It might take a while and somehow I need to accept that. 

• Like 1

Quitting itself is not so much of a problem. Have only had 2 or 3 really bad cravings since I started. I like reading about addiction, it helps me. I like debunking the addict thoughts and Im enjoying freshness and I am proud I am doing this again.  Really. Oh and allen Carr's audio Book is great. It's not your average romance or adventure but ok..

But this stupid sleepthing messes me up !!!!!!!!!

Temporary. Temporary. Temporary. 

• Like 2

You're doing great my life, be super proud of yourself. Soon you'll be sleeping like you've never slept before :) Have you tried napping during the day to help make up some of your sleep? 

• Like 2

Sorry M ..having no sleep is tiresome...I was the same....spent many hours in the night here....stay strong...it will pass...but everyone is different ,so carnt tell you when this will happen...just be gentle with yourself...maybe nice warm baths with candles....soft music...hang in there...

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Parsley said:

Hang in there, just like you are! Awesome! I am on day 5....the opposite sleep problem....all I want to do is sleep !

Gosh, I wish I were you... :7_sweat_smile:

@Doreensfree thanks. And @Parsley @Sazerac and @jillar ofcourse.

I

I am actually doing quit ok ?. Got my positivity back, it always amazes me how much simpeler problems seem when it's daytime. It was like I had a huge hangover today, well I know that feeling and I can handle that, ha! Besides that, day 8 (!) already. How cool is that. Don't have much to say. But I am reluctant to leave the forum. :11_blush:

• Like 5

Besides that, day 8 (!) already. How cool is that. Don't have much to say. But I feel reluctant to leave the forum. !!

Just hang around here..read...play games...we all have quiet moments.....8 days...Yahoo....

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, My life, my recovery said:

Gosh, I wish I were you... :7_sweat_smile:

@Doreensfree thanks. And @Parsley @Sazerac and @jillar ofcourse.

I

I am actually doing quit ok ?. Got my positivity back, it always amazes me how much simpeler problems seem when it's daytime. It was like I had a huge hangover today, well I know that feeling and I can handle that, ha! Besides that, day 8 (!) already. How cool is that. Don't have much to say. But I feel reluctant to leave the forum. :11_blush:

That first week in the bag is massive My Life. Make sure you do treat yourself with some of that money you've saved. I know you have found it tough, at least in parts, so I'm very proud of you right now, great job. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

These are some of the words/lines I wrote down last week (maybe translation is a bit off sometimes:2_grimacing:):

Sweet kisses. Breathing from my core. Smoking equals an insecure, empty feeling. Oxygen = O2. Freedom, pride, easily running the stairs when in a rush. Shiny hair. The cigarette gives nothing, but takes everything. Clean car. Pink lungs. 5 minutes rule rules!!! See through the brainwashing. Lillies. 

------------ silence is ok --------------

To be with what I feel. Just. Be. With. It. Adjusting. 

Fresh laundry, peated whisky, waking up with a clean throat. This journey is a different one. It's now. It's ok to not know what needs to be done. Knowing isn't everything. HEALTH!!

Celebrate every day. It's not childish. It's knowing where I came from. White teeth, fresh clothes, younger skin, way more money to spend with the man I love, no more rushing out at restaurants. Yahoo self love! 

• Like 6