Day 1

Ugh! Day 1. Why the H-E-double-hockey-sticks did I allow myself to be here again? I knew better.

Poor planning this time... didn't prep my space, and was squishy on the quit date. But, I've been taking this Chantix mess for a week, and I want to be off of it as soon as possible. (Hahaha! That might be at the top of my list of reasons to not smoke.)

Fell asleep last night without having the ol' "last one for old times sake" smoke, and now its morning and I've been up for almost an hour and I keep looking at this pack I left on the table and thinking....

I gotta get those things outta here.

Pledged NOPE for today, but I gotta tell you... I'm not feeling strong enough for that. I may need hourly NOPEs.

Apologies. Just trying to keep my hands busy here. Gonna go get more coffee and then go clean myself up. And walk these cigarettes out to my neighbor (the dirty smoker.) I'll be back in an hour or so to refresh my pledge. 

I hate quitting. Five years clean and then FLUSH. This sucks.

• Like 2

Your addict will think of a zillion reasons why you shouldn't quit today, they are all bullshit.

The only reason not to quit today is because you don't want to quit today.

Once you make the decision to never take another puff , you will be able to harvest strength from yourself.

The power to quit is yours.

Romancing 'that last one for old times sake'

is ridiculous....

'let me have one more chance to commit a slow and painful suicide'  is more accurate.

You have a great support system here, use it to your advantage.

and educate yourself more even if you think you 'know'.

Go get some supplies,

oranges or satsumas, good juice, and special treats, stick close to the board and rant your lil heart out, play some games to pass some craves.

You are beginning another great adventure.

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

Romancing 'that last one for old times sake'

is ridiculous....

'let me have one more chance to commit a slow and painful suicide'  is more accurate.

Haha! I love this statement. Thank you.

I've got this for at least another hour. I'll be back soon.

• Like 3

Congratulations on day 1 sunny, you got this! Keep those hourly NOPES going. The daily NOPE thread got me through the first year as did the one year pledge, we're here for you :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WeegieWoman said:

Good stuff sunny nope nope nope you are doing great. Did you get rid of the fags? 

Not yet. I hid them in my husband's drawer until I go out with my neighbors (tomorrow.) I've left the house and am out visiting my parents (who can't be around smoke due to health issues.) Just trying to keep busy today. LOL! STILL NOPE.

• Like 1

NOPE all you want.  Complain all you want.   Do what you have to do as long as you don't light up.

Oh, and please get rid of those cigarettes as soon as you can.  The less temptations, the better.

15 minutes ago, johnny5 said:

NOPE all you want.  Complain all you want.   Do what you have to do as long as you don't light up.

Oh, and please get rid of those cigarettes as soon as you can.  The less temptations, the better.

Agreed. But my oldest son is in town and I don't want to miss a second hanging out with him. LOL! I have plans for brunch with my neighbors and friends tomorrow, and they will be certainly receiving the remainder of my pack. ;)

• Like 1