Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leanna

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Leanna

  1. Speaking of The Bangles:
  2. Good ones Colleen! Withdrawal, cravings, support, addiction, smoking-related illnesses.
  3. Leanna posted a topic in Socializing
    Hi everyone: I wanted to create a thread to remember John Pinette who died today at the age of 50. He was a comedian/actor. He was in The Punisher. Very funny guy and seemed like a genuinely nice person. May he rest in peace. :( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSTg3Cj07d0
  4. Ugh, I hate that smell! My entire family smokes and it's hard when I go visit because they all smoke in the house. I don't want to smoke... this is not a "trigger" for me anymore. I just absolutely despise the smell, especially when they light up while I'm eating. GROSS. I feel for you. :(
  5. This is so true Markus. I often forget I was a smoker. When I'm out and about, I don't even acknowledge smokers unless I get a waft of their toxic smoke in my face, or if they're blocking an entrance. It's just no longer a part of my life, and I like it that way. Everything I used to do, I associated it with something. Going to a restaurant... where's the nearest smoking spot? Taking the bus... can I smoke on the platform? Money... do I have enough to buy cigarettes AND food? Yeesh. I wasted valuable time worrying about where/how/when I was going to get my fix. Thankfully that's no longer a worry for me!
  6. Oh, this is a good idea! I did some walking today, but will be doing some aerobics and possibly Zumba tonight. I will check in later!
  7. No smoking for me today, thanks! N.O.P.E
  8. This is honestly my favourite pick-me-up song:
  9. Mine's nothing fancy, lol. I was just trying to be clever. My name is Leanna, so... Annael backwards. I was probably 25 when I came up with this gem of a user name, haha.
  10. We live to make excuses for ourselves. Being accountable is something we all struggle with. I have watched people with COPD and emphysema struggle to breathe, yet they continue to smoke, convincing themselves that they NEED their fix; that they possibly couldn't quit, even if they tried. I watched and heard my mom suffer for the last few years of her life. The doctors told her she NEEDED to quit to save her life. She didn't and now she's gone at 59. All of these are excuses.. lies we tell ourselves to make us feel okay about smoking. But it's not okay, because time does go fast. It's not worth it! Value your life. Give yourself more time with your loved ones. You never know how much time you actually have, so appreciate every moment you have. No more excuses. :)
  11. Thanks so much for sharing your story! I have also done the same thing... I guess we convince ourselves that our quits are untouchable, even if we smoke "just one." What a load of BS that is. At least we have now learned that no matter what, or how far along we are, we need to protect our quits and not take them for granted.
  12. Love this Aine. :D Very wise words! I especially like the "post your picture" step. This is very true. I feel accountable not only to myself, but to everyone here. Makes commitment easier. :)
  13. A successful quit is definitely possible! The first step (I think) is to join a support group like Quit Train. We can relate to what you're going through and have our own experiences to share with you. Don't be shy -- say hi. :D
  14. Stuck in my head today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4CzqrPZtXk
  15. Awesome Jackie! I love this idea. This barrier will help eliminate some of your craves. It's all mind over matter anyway. I remember when I was a smoker and would be in tears if I couldn't afford a pack of cigarettes, exclaiming I couldn't possibly go on without a cigarette. It was so silly at the time, but that was all me. I would believe how desperate and how in need I was for a cigarette. I made the situation much worse for myself!
  16. It's crazy to think smoking was so acceptable not too long ago, eh? I was born in 87, but at the time, I remember people smoking in restaurants still. Amazing. I'm glad they can't anymore. Sorry smokers, but I don't want your stank in my food.
  17. I thought the same Ava. I always thought I was doomed to smoke for the rest of my life. At one point, I was so bad and out of control with my smoking that I would roll pennies to buy a pack. Surprisingly, my quit hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be. I quit cold turkey over a year and a half ago and haven't looked back. Once you stop listening to the junkie inside your head and commit to NOPE, you can have a successful quit.
  18. Cool page! Liked it. :)
  19. Of course I'm late, lol. Always am. Soozie, I'm so happy you didn't smoke! You should be too. It takes a lot for folks early on in their quit to say NOPE and stick with it. Now that you're past most of the physical withdrawals, it's all mental. The junkie in you will tell you how you can quit later, or how one or two won't hurt. Be proud that you didn't listen to that crap! Ultimately, there's no benefits to smoking. It's all lies.
  20. Hey DJ! Welcome. :D Thanks for sharing your story and congrats on your quit. :)
  21. Hey Mel! Good to see you here, and welcome. :) Congrats on your quit!
  22. Hey Rachael! Good to see you here! Wow, congrats on your quit journey so far! You've made amazing progress with it. :) I also love your avatar -- you look so happy!
  23. Hey HM! Welcome. :D So glad to see you here!
  24. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. :D I'm going to make it a point to post more often now that there's a different atmosphere. I find it much more relaxing over here so far. Loving the change!
  25. Hey TAC. Welcome! I love it here. I find it much more enjoyable than QSMB.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.