Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jordan7

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by Jordan7

  1. Lucky kid. You do have real talent, jo, and the imagination to keep it interesting.
  2. I've always hated the first word but have to say this is impressively descriptive and applicable concoction. 👏
  3. I completely understand this and it's exactly the way I needed to think in order to get through it -- by always giving myself an out so that every day it was my choice. Love hearing about how proud your kids are of you! Nothing can come close to that, but I'm pretty proud of you too. You kept trying until you made it happen -- big stuff, and most importantly you should be very proud of you.
  4. Hope you kick that cold soon. Not what you needed, but hopefully it will be over soon. Any chance you can get on a waiting list for an earlier pulmo appointment if they have a cancellation?
  5. Hi Abby, just checking in to see how you are doing. Have you seen the pulmonologist yet? Hopefully they are figuring things out and getting you on the road to recovery. Wishing you the very best and hoping that you're getting some relief from your symptoms.
  6. Welcome, Ankush. I live alone, and for the first three months I only told one person that I was quitting (a friend/co-worker who I was around all day and who would have noticed right away). This was my choice because I was worried that if friends and family were cheering me on my addicted mind would decide I was doing it for them rather than for me, and use that as an excuse to "cheat" or give in, or at the very least, resent them. I purposely avoided a lot of socializing during this time, and also abstained from drinking -- all of my actions were geared to giving myself the greatest chance of success because smoking was so ingrained in every part of my life that quitting was a 24 hr a day job for a while. Plus, I was pretty grouchy for a while so keeping to myself wasn't a bad idea. The only one I really wanted to hang out with early on was my dog, so he got a lot of extra walks out of the deal. Many people take a very different tack and make a point of not changing any part of their routines or social lives, but clearly it is possible to be successful without outside support. That said, starting on the 11th day of my quit I joined a quit smoking forum which was an invaluable source education, camaraderie, distraction, and support -- so now that you've found this site, you have the same available to you whenever you choose. Jump in.
  7. What a nightmare you lived through, Dizz. I'm so glad you're safe and decided to come back. Good for you for jumping right back into quitting, and I believe you're going to make it stick this time.
  8. Just want to add my best wishes for a quick, positive turnaround. Hopefully this is a temporary setback and you'll get some relief and be back on track very soon. Your strength and amazing attitude will get you through this and we will be cheering you on every step of the way.
  9. I "practiced" not smoking in certain places (car, etc.) since, like you, I smoked in my house and almost everywhere else. So let's go with Jillar's March 18th deadline and you can practice not smoking in certain situations up until then and also read up on the nature of the addiction itself. So now you have deadlines set by others. Seriously, just go with it. Quitting is mind over matter, and overthinking (as opposed to educating yourself) will make it harder. You can do this.
  10. Huge congratulations, Ican, on making it through your first month in style!!! Time to celebrate.
  11. Congratulations on the big 3!!!
  12. You're a talented bird, jo. Lucky and lovely kid you have.
  13. Well done, Wantsit! Congratulations on 4 months down.
  14. Wow, Abby. Now you know that there is nothing you can't do because you've had so much thrown at you at once and are managing to get through it gracefully, no matter how painful it may be at times. Thank you for your post which may very well help put things in perspective for someone who is struggling with starting or maintaining a quit; and thank you for being there for your friend when she needs you the most. I wish you the very best with getting your health issues under control, and have no doubt that cigarettes no longer stand a chance against you.
  15. Jordan7 replied to jimmy's topic in Celebrations!
    Congratulation to the Jimmys!
  16. Same. Particularly this: "I was so delusional while smoking, I convinced myself that cigarettes were such an integral part of an enjoyable life that the risks involved with smoking were worth it."
  17. Oh noooo, Jillar! So glad you're okay, but still not a fun experience. Not good when those big metal things run into each other. I hope the adjuster gives you a fair deal and you can get some fancy new wheels soon. Maybe something like this.
  18. See if this helps. https://www.groovypost.com/howto/install-fonts-windows-10/
  19. I absolutely love this, Cbdave. Good job training your humans, Summer, and trust me, your hair looks marvelous! Lucky dog to be so well-loved (as they all deserve to be); and lucky humans to have the capacity to understand that these sweet pups just get more fabulous with age.
  20. Huge congratulations on your almost 2 week quit, Ican. You've done it and there's no stopping you now! My smoking history is similar to yours and I'm also in Colorado, so I know all about the extra challenges for smoker's lungs at higher altitudes, and I'm here on the sidelines rooting extra hard for you.
  21. Congratulations on half a year, MLMR!
  22. Big congratulations, Mike, and I hope all is well with you. Look at us -- we made to the big 4!
  23. Thank you, jo, for the shout out, and to all for the congratulations! I'm late, but I did put on my best dress for the occasion. It's hard to believe it's been 4 years already -- that's about 16 in penguin years. To any newly quit folks who are around, hang in there and believe in yourself. The time start really does start speeding up eventually as the smoking thoughts decrease in number and intensity, and before you know it you'll be dusting off your best tutu for an anniversary celebration every year.
  24. I'm so sorry, Jill, what a terribly sad anniversary. Sending you extra hugs in his memory. ❤️❤️
  25. Happy Valentine's Day to all you lovely Trainies!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.