Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jordan7

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by Jordan7

  1. Owner occupied palace
  2. Really hope you're more engaged shams
  3. Ummm, new word please. I can't believe I'm on the billyclub end of the game police this time 😎 Not really my natural state but makes for an amusing change.
  4. Wow, you are doing amazingly well for one month down. Big congratulations, Diane, and I've no doubt your great attitude has cemented this as you final quit. This calls for a penguin party -- we're just staying in shape for all of your other big celebrations to come.
  5. Get happy tonight
  6. Never overlook isolated smoldering embers quiet
  7. Another calamitous event
  8. Tossed another nice guy overboard plank
  9. I'm late to the party, but huge congratulations on the all important first year down, Christa!!!
  10. Jordan7 commented on hellkatbaby's blog entry in TEAM DEADPOOL
    I hope you got some much needed rest and have a relaxing day, Hellkat. I was part of the 3 a.m. crowd this morning so I feel your frustration there. The insurance issues and practices make my head spin. There must be a better way than making people fight so hard to receive the benefits that they pay mightily for.
  11. I would add that it is not necessarily "too late" to get any benefit out of quitting even if you are already experiencing problems or have been diagnosed with a smoking-related disease. With most conditions, your ability to fight the disease and/or slow down or minimize the progression will be much greater the sooner you stop smoking and stop adding to the damage.
  12. Go Team Deadpool, and look out world, there's a Hellkat on the loose and she's just getting started!
  13. Yeesssssss! How absolutely fabulous is that?!! Clearly this trespassing junk doesn't stand a chance against you and your crack team of doctors. I'm so very happy for you, Hellkat -- and healthy living for the win!
  14. Good boy, Tank. Time for those rib bones.
  15. Sending thirds on being in awe of your strength, positive energy, and 'let's just do this' attitude. I'll add that you are inspiring me to borrow a bit of your spirit and determination and put more effort (and joy) into healthful cooking and eating, exercising and just generally getting back in the game, all of which I have been slacking off on for too long. So thank you for sharing your amazing self with us. Regarding walking for exercise, one (admittedly boring) option is to time a 30 minute fast walk throughout your house once the air-conditioning is up and running. I do this when it's too cold, icy, or hot outside, and mix in a few intermittent laps around the yard, trips up and down the basement stairs, and short laps in the vicinity of the TV for a little distraction. Decidedly not very exciting, but doable in any weather.
  16. Several affable lizards are dating Buddy
  17. Many are noticing
  18. Welcome, Yep, and great decision to beat this once and for all before if fully catches up to you. Yep, NOPE.
  19. I really hate this for you...but, first day down, never to have to be gone through again and everything will become a little less strange as you put each treatment day behind you. It's probably a good thing that tears are coming easily right now, giving you the chance to get some of your feelings out rather than hiding from them and holding them in. Sometimes spending time alone and allowing yourself a good cry can help you recharge and get back on track with new determination. None of this is fun and none of this is okay right now, but it all will be okay in the end so keep trying to look forward. Sounds as if BF is figuring out his way through this also and maybe getting a little bit better at this support stuff? You're doing beautifully, hellkat, and continuing to get out in the fresh air and explore new foods or anything else that catches your interest and just making sure to keep some "normal" in your day, might be the best medicine you can give yourself right now. Sending two hugs for day two and hoping today brings some positives along the way.
  20. Some harvested yesterday
  21. We commonly had nude models in art classes so that sounds plausible. It's a toss up, but I'll say #3 is the lie just because it seems like the one most likely to be true.
  22. I wasn't thrown out of Brownies, I just quit of my own accord because I wasn't very interested.
  23. Yep. 1. I got fired from Burger King at age 15 after showing up a couple of hours late because I didn't want to leave a party. 2. I did play the trumpet in band. Not particularly well, but I managed. 3. Now it gets a little tricky. This was supposed to be the lie as I was a Brownie but ditched out before I became a Girl Scout -- or so I thought until I looked it up a minute ago and learned that Brownie is a rank of Girl Scouts. Who knew? Obviously I was not terribly involved and was probably just in it for the snacks until I got bored with the whole thing. So in addition to Burger King, I think I'm about to get fired from the Two Truths and a Lie game for general incompetence, but first I will declare Saz the winner because close counts.
  24. 1. I got fired from my job at Burger King 2. I played the trumpet in junior high band 3. I was a Girl Scout
  25. Clearing out our kitchen sink Halts

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.