Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jordan7

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by Jordan7

  1. Order linguine instead
  2. Entertaining a kangaroo
  3. (Sorry, Joe, but you were clearly up to the task) Isn't usually mentioned
  4. Only eat six
  5. Please don't think the worst, jillar. He is probably just trying to stay cool somewhere. Maybe he met Camilla Rabbit and they eloped and are honeymooning in a yard with a pool?
  6. I'm not sure, let me sleep on it.
  7. This feels like a meeting of Insomniacs (not so) Anonymous. It's 3:30 a.m. and I had to get up to take a break from not sleeping. Now I look on here and see pirates searching for underpants and am hoping that it's all just a dream. You're doing fabulously, Diane and Eight-Toe, and be glad that while you will be non-smokers forever you are only temporary members of the non-sleeperzzz club.
  8. Here's another badge and yay you!
  9. Well, a lot of good responses here, but my first thought was that if this (sometime around midday on the 2nd day of your quit??) was your first crave since yesterday evening it's time to throw a really big party! My craves early on were separated by seconds, not hours or days, so I think you are doing much better than you are giving yourself credit for. Also, knowing that I couldn't get cigarettes even if I wanted to would have made it impossible for me -- I had to always see it as my choice, to have any chance of succeeding. You're doing this like a champ, Michelle, so let's keep it going.
  10. Irate cow alert
  11. My three biggest triggers were alcohol, coffee, and food (after a meal). I didn't drink alcohol for the first 3 months because I didn't need anything to make quitting any harder; I couldn't stop eating so instead I ate more; but, like Diane, I decided I would not give up my beloved all day coffee. I was very happily surprised when I found that I still enjoyed drinking coffee without a cigarette and it actually became a bit of a life raft in my sea of abstinence. I guess I just need to have at least one active vice at any given time. Interestingly, when I started drinking alcohol again after 3 months (although I was still definitely craving cigarettes), I found that having a drink was not only still enjoyable, but also helped ease by cigarette cravings at that point in my quit -- but I don't think it would have at the very beginning. Cheers and hang in there, the things you love will still be lovable when the smoke clears.
  12. Ha, the only company I truly enjoyed very early on was my Labrador's. He got a lot of walks the first weekend.
  13. I napped a lot just to escape a the cravings for a bit while still moving the clock. Seriously. But I was a very grumpy quitter.
  14. I have been dubbed Pirate Carmen the Parrotless, which is just as well, I suppose, if you're a penguin. Aaar! Argh.
  15. Welcome Eight-Toe-Joe and congratulations on your eleven foggy days! Eat, drink, walk, nap, pet the dog, stare blankly at a crossword puzzle, stay off the road — and one day soon your brain will forget to fog. Keep up the great work!
  16. You're well on your way, Diane! I didn't use Chantix but I did cut down and "practice" not smoking in various situations for quite a while prior to actually quitting. This method isn't recommended by most people, but I was such a heavy smoker for 40 years and was used to smoking everywhere (house, car, outside of work, etc.) so cutting back and getting used to not always being able to smoke was a huge help for me. I imagine cutting back with Chantix helps in somewhat the same way, with the big bonus of making you have less desire to smoke. Whatever works for you is the best way to get through this, and it sounds as if you are determined to make this your final quit. We'll be rooting you on all the way!
  17. Be careful out there, sazerac! It the flooding already looks terrible from the videos I've seen, at least in some areas.
  18. Great job, great attitude. It should keep getting easier overall from here. As you know, it's not always completely linear, but you get better and better at dealing with any bumps in the road.
  19. How absolutely heartbreaking, Doreen. As loved as you are from afar, I can imagine that having you in his life and by his side every day made Tony a very rich man. I hope that gives you peace and allows the good memories to surface soon, as difficult as it is now.
  20. Nope. You're doing all the work, Lily. Great job.
  21. Jordan7 replied to Aine's topic in Off The Record
    I am very sorry for your loss, Aine. I am also very impressed with what you have been able to overcome and I hope you take great pride in that.
  22. Huge congratulations, Sammy! I quit after over 40 years of smoking and no one was ever more surprised to learn that it was actually doable for the long term. Not fun, at least for me, but doable. So the next trick is to find your "fun" somewhere else. If your dog is anything like mine was, I'm sure he's rooting for you to make sure you get out everyday and spend more time at the end of his leash enjoying the fresh air.
  23. Oh, that really, really stinks, Linda! I had a couple of implants that failed initially and then were redone after some bone growth. How long were they in before they failed?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.