Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lilly

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lilly

  1. Jeff don't sell yourself short. You've gone nearly four months without smoking and that's something to be proud of. My advice would be that we are never hanging by a thread. We can talk ourselves into smoking very easily. I used to have a bit of an epic crave and then I'd start telling myself over and over again "I can't do this" and eventually give in. Once I'd lit that cigarette and started smoking it I realised I was never really close to smoking at all, I just let myself believe I was. The only one who can smoke is you so that means you make that choice - you hold all the cards. You got this. Welcome to the forum too.
  2. Lilly commented on Solo's blog entry in Solo
    Awww Solo we need to be patient. 8 weeks is barely enough time for a broken leg to heal so a lifelong smoking habit is definitely not going to be sunny and rosy this quickly. I come here for inspiration BUT I also come here to know that others find this as hard as me. I let the golden oldies be the inspirations so that I can get on with being the "woe is me" you talk about. You're probably not depressed - you're just pissed off with how hard this actually is. Your rainbow will come just like all those before you.
  3. Lilly replied to Jimmyss's topic in Games
    I regret not quitting smoking in my thirties on my very first attempt. The next person reads their horoscope every day
  4. What if time could halt STATE
  5. This post just makes my day. I really hope you copy it into your other post so that people following your journey see the end result.
  6. You are definitely a keeper Boo
  7. Have you stopped the gum Redemption. If you have then yes you may just be going through the withdrawal process.
  8. Lilly replied to DizzyD's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Dizzy I'm sorry to see you're struggling. You need to do what you are doing and protect your own quit. It does sound a little like you are trying to pin the blame for any failures on hubby. If he buys cigarettes that's his choice but it doesn't have to be yours. Being on holiday is bound to be a trigger but if you can get through without smoking you will have beaten the trigger. Stop looking for excuses to smoke and look for reasons to stay quit.
  9. Do what you wanna do - T-Connection How do you describe Australia?
  10. I think you should deal with quitting before you take on any dieting plans. I would give it at least until the six month mark.
  11. As everyone knows I don't have anything against e-cigarettes. Hadn't heard of the one in Linda's article so looked it up. This is a really long article so it might put you off reading it but in a nutshell it looks like there are whispers that their reports on how great this product is are a bit *cough* inaccurate. https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/tobacco-iqos-science/
  12. I'm with Jillar on this. When I was young I never saw any smoking ads and nobody smoked on any TV I watched. People at school smoked as did my mum. I smoked through choice and I have to take responsibility for my own actions. I continued to do it even though I knew the risks. Electronic cigarettes are a big market and tobacco companies are a business. From that perspective it makes sense that they go where the money is.
  13. As you say over there - she's a beaut 😀
  14. To be honest I wasn't offended by your original post but I would be lying if I said I wasn't by your response above. I was feeling pretty proud of myself but some views on here regarding NRT bring me down. For the record I don't feel that I'm trading one addiction for another. I feel I'm walking across a bridge where I left cigarettes behind me, when I get to the end of the bridge I step onto nicotine free land. I want to celebrate and brag about my quit but those types of comments just make me feel deflated.
  15. Great idea from Jillar - so pleased you are feeling better.
  16. Smoking in the heat is never enjoyable. I wish I had some wise advice to give you but I have no experience. Just wanted you to know I'm rooting for you and I know you'll get through.
  17. @Ankush I'm glad the documentaries helped you. What is helping me right now is NRT. Whilst I appreciate that being nicotine free is the goal I don't agree with you that NRT is up there with cigarettes and e-cigarettes.
  18. I Don't Care - Cheryl Have you ever done anything illegal?
  19. @Cbdave I missed seeing your daily pledge thread when I was away I'm not smoking today.
  20. Elf Rielle is my favourite - it's incredible. Have to agree with everyone else that you have a great talent there. Art seems to be your thing and my suggestion would be to work from home as an Illustrator. Also, if the red hair is her own hair then it's gorgeous. That little girl is definitely growing into a stunning little lady.
  21. Lilly replied to jillar's topic in Socializing
    @jillar that deserves a high five 😀😀
  22. I saw this picture the other day. Was it all caused by a lady being hit by a train and killed ☹️
  23. Thanks Jo. It probably feels like a chore sometimes but I have to say seeing mine today made me feel incredible. You make peoples day X X X
  24. @WeegieWoman I did fine but obviously I had my patch on so that is probably why. I drunk so much I am thinking I might still be over the limit if I drove lol.
  25. @notsmokinjo you made me feel really special when I saw this thread. I can't tell you how much it meant to see you had still done me my proper one month post. Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement. I am back from being in a country where smokers are everywhere and I'm still smoke free. Going away was a big test for me as usually as soon as I'm away I light up!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.