Everything posted by Giveintowin
- Friday 15th June 2018
- Thursday 14th June 2018
- Wednesday 13th June 2018
-
SOS - I just feel like garbage
Hi Ren, I know I'm late. I live in Australia and just woke up. I'm sorry you are going through this. I do understand. I have an autoimmune disease too and I had flares when I quit, lots of inflammation and joints locking up. It is really hard to deal with and I feel like people don't understand. I also had a very hard time at two months. I felt like I had the worst quitting related depression. I felt no joy at all!!! I'm sure my quit smoking counsellor thought I was nuts. I did get through it! The flare settled down and I eventually felt a lot better. I'm glad I didn't smoke because then that would have been one more thing to go through again. Also by the way I use AIP (Autoimmune protocol) to control the flares in my condition. You can google it if you are interested. My heart goes out to you. You are not alone.
-
It does happen
Like most people quitting my first morning thought was to smoke. Instead of smoking I would log into the quit smoking website and Pledge NOPE just for that day. This I’m sure helped me not to obsess about having a smoke in the morning since it firmly set my intention in place. This has gone the same way for me morning after morning, month after month. Although this week I noticed I’m forgetting to Pledge first thing in the morning. I do usually log in at some point and Pledge but finally after so long I don’t wake up and think of smoking. This is no big deal to the average person but to a newbie it may be the ultimate victory. If we have any newbies thinking things will never get better, please believe they will given enough time. The trick is to just NOPE one day at a time until they do. As boring as that sounds.
-
Tuesday 12th June 2018
NOPE!
-
I uses to be a member of QSMB
Well done on 18 months quit Diane.
-
Monday 11th June 2018
NOPE!
-
Checking in - all is well
Great to see you travelling well lml. It does get easier. ?
- Sunday 10 June 2018
-
Saturday 9th June 2018
NOPE!
-
Friday 8th June 2018
NOPE!
-
Death Bed Promises
Well done Beazel. You sound a lot like me. Lots of practice at quitting (failed attempts), I smoked for many years and my Mum died of lung cancer too. I remember when she was dying I kept thinking I should quit smoking but I can't. We need the right support and education to quit and it is definitely doable. I appreciate seeing you here on the board. ☺️
-
Thursday 7th June 2018
NOPE!
-
Tuesday 5th may 2018
NOPE!
- Monday 4th June 2018
-
is it a craving?
I had this happen a few times and it was disconcerting. It felt like it would never end. It eventually did end. It doesn’t matter what it’s called as long as you don’t listen to it. You are doing great. Do not fixate over whether you are obsessing or not. It’s not representative of how good your quit is. Your quit is good as long as you don’t smoke.
- Sunday 3rd June 2018
-
Weaning off Champix
I hope it goes well for you. I didn’t use champix. I used NRT for a lot longer than prescribed. I’d have preferred to not have used it at all but it did help to get me over the line. Look after your quit no matter what you decide.
-
What would you do?
Unfortunately she has to decide if she wants to stop. Addiction sucks doesn’t it? What’s important really is that you’ve stopped. You will be glad you did when you are older.
-
Saturday 2nd June 2018
NOPE!
-
2018 Quitters Check In
Aww cute.
-
Thursday 31st May 2018
NOPE!
-
You know what - you don't want to be a smoker!-Repost by Poprini
Yep that’s so good to be reminded of.
-
Preparing for a difficult situation
You’re not alone in this battle and the way through is to talk about it. Keep us posted during this time. It helped me to check in when I had to fly which I was nervous about.