Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Giveintowin

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Giveintowin

  1. Wow guys, thanks for your kind words. Six months has been quite a climb, but I'm only half way up the mountain. I'm looking forward to doubling it.
  2. Good on you Rusty! You are doing this. I remember my worst days were day 4 and day 5. You likely just had your worst day thankfully and can now carry on with your quit strengthened.
  3. This is a nice post. I totally understand where you are coming from. I’ve quit and relapsed. I have health h issues too. It’s nuts but we do these things to ourselves sometimes. It just shows that this is an addiction and should be treated as such.
  4. Congrats Phoebe. This is awesome ?
  5. This is so true Ren. Whats also insane but true is that I can put thousands of hours of diligence and care into quitting and destroy it all in one careless moment. Yes it’s fragile.
  6. I think we make the mistake of thinking we are our brain. But our brain is an organ that sometimes does sh*t we don’t agree with. Its like our quitting dreams, (usually called smoking dreams, which I’m going to call quitting dreams because we only get them when we quit) are like our brain having a bowel movement. Sometimes (often under stress) our brain has a bowel movement in the middle of the day. And then in our embarrassed confusion we hastily blamed ourselves. But it isn’t you. Your brain is crapping out what it no longer needs. ? Now I’m not sure if you are laughing or befuddled reading this but I’m guessing you are no longer worried about your sh*tty junky thought you had now are you. ? im glad you didn’t smoke. Smoking and withdrawal are hard work.
  7. Well that got sorted out. I used NRT but wouldn’t credit it for my quit. I quit because I stuck it through, NRT cannot give you grit. NOPE + determination = a solid quit. (+/-) NRT doesn’t matter since NRT = 0
  8. This is a good post. I never want to go through withdrawals either. They suck! Thanks for the reminder.
  9. Congrats Claire. This is so awesome.
  10. Congrats on quitting boater. Give your brain time to repair and you will will feel better in time.
  11. There was already a NOPE thread there for Thursday.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.